Braces in the Media...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thisismethen

Braces in the Media...

#1 Post by thisismethen »

Is it just me or does it bother you guys that everytime you see someone in braces in movies, magazines, TV, website pictures on sites (including this one)....the person with them on, their teeth are straight!! It's so obvious that it's just a model or actress with fake braces on just for the picture's sake. WHY DONT THEY EVER SHOW REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL CROOKED TEETH WITH BRACES!!

Look in the mirror right now, most likely you all have had a year or more sentance...why not potray the real us during the time before our teeth are finally straight?!

Anticipator

#2 Post by Anticipator »

My teeth now appear straight at less than a year into treatment. According to my initial estimate, I've still got a year left to go and I suspect that they will continue to look straight for the remaining period.

Did you just get your braces on recently? They truly will straighten out faster than you'd think. The majority of the time seems to be dedicated to fixing the bite and addressing the minor stuff. The major things clear up pretty quick.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

Dramagyrl

#3 Post by Dramagyrl »

I'm at like three-and-a-half months and someone just asked me last week when I am supposed to get mine off!!! They thought I was way closer to getting finished. Granted, they couldn't see the extraction gaps in the back or the minor noticable problems on the bottom. But if I smiled for a picture, that wouldn't show.

Nikkiekoala

#4 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Same here. Someone asked me when I will be getting them off 6 months in. At the time I still had a year and a half to go.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/