? Did anyone here.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

? Did anyone here.

#1 Post by Tin Indian »

Good question for everybody here. Did anyone here decide to get braces strickly from reading this website? I for one did. If it wasn't for all your guy's posts and pictures, I would still be in the dark ages and never would have had the guts to see an ortho. KUDOS.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Sweet L

#2 Post by Sweet L »

I decided to get a consultation with an ortho, I went and she told me that I needed X-Rays to check my profile and my bones and my teeth, at that point I knew I wanted braces, but I wasn't so sure about what would happen if I finally got them....
And then I found this website and the forum... I was searching on the Internet about different kind of brackets and trying to find pictures of people with braces, to check how they looked... and as a great surprise I found Archwired!!!
I have learnt so much! I'm still waiting for my wisdom teeth to be removed, and I have my appointment for my impressions 11/07, but it's great to feel that I'm not scared for the "unknown" anymore... I'm anxious to get started and experience the amazing changes I see in everyone's pictures everyday!
Thanks to all of you, because instead of feeling that I'm walking in the dark, now I feel more like being hold by the hand as I move forward to my B-day!
THANK YOU :rose:

juf_84

#3 Post by juf_84 »

This site was a huge influence but ultimately it came down to my ortho and my treatment plan.

But I don't know that I would have made the original appointment without all the information this site provided.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

newmetal

#4 Post by newmetal »

I only got braced once reading this site. I was up one night and really annoyed with the fact i had bad teeth, so i looked at options and stumbled across this site. Before this, i was under the illusion that braces hurt, were bulky, stood out a mile and were on for years, though from reading the cases on here i found that this was not the case. So i decided to take the plunge with inspiration from the threads i had read! So without archwired i would not be in braces!

Newmetal

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

no, I'd already decided and I found this site when I was looking to see about other adults who had them.

Ronsie

#6 Post by Ronsie »

I've wanted braces to fix my crooked teeth for over 20 years but always felt overwhelmed by the thought of getting braces (cost, length of treatment, the appearance, etc...). Then I found archwired last year and read and read and read. Once I knew so much from the site, getting braced didn't seem so impossible. My husband and my dentist are/were both very supportive of my dream of having nice teeth and that also made it easier.

Thank you archwired! Without you all I would never have had the courage to make this dream come true! That might sound silly to some but when your teeth are very unattractive, like mine, it is painful to call attention to them, even if that means talking about fixing them.

I only wish that dentists and orthos were promoting archwired in order to help many others who might feel intimidated about getting braced.

THANK YOU ALL!

Pirate Wench

#7 Post by Pirate Wench »

I had been advised by my dentist for a few years that I should get braces and maybe that would help with my TMJ headaches. After quite a while I decided that it would probably be a good idea.

It wasn't until after I found this forum that I made my final decision to go for it.

Now that I have started I am glad I did it. I think it is going to be great to be proud of my smile and my headaches have already subsided. :D

broochie

#8 Post by broochie »

I had already decided I would take the braces journey before discovering this wonderful website. But it sure has helped me enormously. I hate to be in braces and don't feel any better about it after 4 months, but I am convinced it's the right way to go. The way I deal with it is by trying to understand as much as possible about the process, and I am learning so much from my fellow archwired members ! I feel very grateful about that.
Thanks a million Lynn, and here is to you all ! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Harpua

I owe it to this site

#9 Post by Harpua »

I wanted to do something about my teeth for a good 15 years - hadn't even been to a regular dentist for more than 20. My folks didn't have the $ to address my problems when everyone else did. I had finally gotten out of college and put in a few years at a decent job and convinced myself that I deserved it, but I still never woud have taken the first step if it weren't for this site. I stayed up whole nights (when I had to work the next day!) to read stories on this site. I finally grew comfortable enough to make an appointment for a consultation!

Marzipan

#10 Post by Marzipan »

As bracedagain says, it was a BIG influence on my decision. Basically I had decided to give it a go, at least see what it would involve, and my health insurance was in a position to cover it fully. Yet first I looked online and found this board and read TONS of stuff and looked at a LOT of pictures.

Then I had the ortho assessment. Came back here and read MORE and MORE. Finally decided it was worth it to do, based on people here and what they said. How much/little pain, how good they felt after doing it, etc.

Now I'm very pleased that I'm in the midst of my ortho treatment. What other people said has been true for me as well. And for that reason I post pictures of myself, to help other newbies make their choice.

Dramagyrl

#11 Post by Dramagyrl »

I found the site the day I got braced.
Right after the appointment, I went out shopping for a bit and picked up some extra dental things. My ortho had sent me home with a kit, and I found a smaller carrying case to fix up and take in my purse to work.

When I got home, I figured I would read online to see if I could get a few more tips and ideas. I really needed a pick-me-up too, I was alone for the whole day and at first, the wire drew so much attention to my crooked teeth, I worried if I had made the right decision.

First I found the DentaKit section: "Man, I could have just ordered one online...."
Then the articles: "I wish I had read this sooner, but man, it will sure help."
Then the forum .... that helped me deal with everything way faster and has made this experience possible.

I am so glad for this site.

jessikah

#12 Post by jessikah »

i found this site the day after i was braced! its been a great help.

i decided this year i would finally get braces as i was always really self concious about my teeth, and thought that they would only get worse with time.
i'm so glad i made the right decision and time is going by really quickly, soon it will be 4 months since i was braced! :D

NotBob1

#13 Post by NotBob1 »

I found this site by originally searching for a way to correct one of my teeth that had fallen back. I was hoping that there was a way to do it with an appliance at night/retainer/spring/etc. I found that braces were still the only option. I found an orthodontist I liked, she then explained to me the bite issues I still had from previous ortho work as a teen and I decided I needed to do it. So I suppose this site came first, but I was searching for a fix when I found the site.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.