Strangest thing you've eaten with a knife and fork?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ravishing

Strangest thing you've eaten with a knife and fork?

#1 Post by Ravishing »

So I had a major craving for a toasted peanutbutter and banana sandwich on Saturday morning. Only problem was that my teeth weren't up to the challenge of biting into. In the end my craving won over my teeth and I ate it with a knife and fork.

That got me thinking about all of you guys and had me wondering whats the strangest thing you've cut up and eaten since getting your braces on?
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

Theres a couple of weird things i have eaten using a knife and fork:

1= A ham sandwich...this is the only sandwich i cannot tear into as the ham will not tear of with the bread, then im left with a mess.

2=A big mac, like the ham, when torn can get messy.

3=A kebab

Newmetal

florencegal

#3 Post by florencegal »

I've always been a bit weird with my food anyway and have a strange tendency to pull things apart with my fingers rather than bite into them! Plus I always seem to think lots of things taste better if you cut them up into small pieces with a knife first (apples, mars bars!) - told you I was weird! :) I sure am going to miss chomping down on a big crusty baguette sandwich though.... :(

Kat

#4 Post by Kat »

A few slivers of brain with some fava beans...bahahahahahaaaa.
:twisted:

Kat

#5 Post by Kat »

No really, I eat everything pretty much with a knife, spoon, fork now I never bite into anything anymore. Burgers are cut up. I do find that when no one is watching I kind of puch my food bites down onmy lower teeth to cut pieces. (no braces yet on the lowers)
Ahhh, it's not as much fun as it was before dining.
I have put on a few pounds though since being braced...CRAP!

Yvonne1

#6 Post by Yvonne1 »

That's the same with me. I don't even eat a Burger without fork and knife as I don't like the feeling of biting into something with my front teeth. I think I might just be overreacting due to the fact that I broke a front bracket once.

But this way I eat a little slower, which is more healthy anyway...

GemGal

#7 Post by GemGal »

A chicken McNugget - cause I was hungry and couldn't bite into it.
XOXO
GemGal

eoberhauser

#8 Post by eoberhauser »

The coffee shop I frequent here has a "Hummus Plate" that contains all kinds of goodies like tomato, cukes, onions, and delicious olives. I chop everything up with a knife and fork and then pile it high on the pita bread - if you've ever tried to cut olive meat from the pit with a knife and fork you know what I'm talking about here! It only takes me about 45 minutes to eat this!

Erin

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

OMG, cutting olive meat off the pip - that would take forever!

Corn on the cob. It doesn't half look stupid eating it with a knife and fork, but it works fine.

Jillianleab

#10 Post by Jillianleab »

I'm weird about the way I eat food, I like to cut or tear almost everything, even before I was braced. I think it's because biting into things with a massive overbite and an openbite makes for a messy plate!

I've knife and forked the following, off the top of my head:

Turkey club
Tacos
Burritos

And I ALWAYS tear apart:

Chicken strips/SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Burgers

I can't wait to be able to take a big ol' bite out of whatever I want and not worry if it's going to hang out with me the rest of the day (like broccoli).
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

Meryaten wrote:
Of course there was this one time when I was very naughty and did eat my corn on the cob and oooooooooooh it was so nice! Image But now we're detailing, I'm not taking as many risks! Don't want to pop a bracket now!!
You're leading me into temptation....................!!!!

CLAmom

#12 Post by CLAmom »

Three Musketeers. Man, you know your teeth are sore when you have to cut up a very soft candy bar!!! Of course, Elaine made this famous on Seinfeld so maybe it's not so bizarre.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Jillianleab

#13 Post by Jillianleab »

I've found a good alternative to pizza... calzones and stromboli! I've become addicted to them now, from a pizza place near my home. They are just as good as pizza, and you are supposed to eat them with a knife and fork, so no looking silly :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Ronsie

#14 Post by Ronsie »

Artichokes! but it was with a spoon.

Way Too Old For This

#15 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Popcorn.....just kidding.

I've cut up tuna sandwiches a couple of times. And a really yummy turkey and avocado wrap.

Ronsie, I have had a couple of artichokes and it was really weird. I didn't get near as much pleasure from eating them as I usually do.

I'm still have a really hard time eating sushi rolls. The ones we get are too big to pop in your mouth and there is NO WAY I can bite it in two. I have a hard enough time getting them to bring me a fork, much less a knife. (Maybe I should bring my own :lol: )
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.