1st adjustment went well

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

1st adjustment went well

#1 Post by newmetal »

I got a change of archwire (steel), new ligs on top and bottom and some good news. The ortho told me my teeth were making very good progress and were much tighter. He then went and put a spring over the hiding tooth and attached it to the front tooth and the sticky out tooth to make space for the hiding tooth to appear. Now, how long are these wire things usually in for, i know its different for different cases, but perhaps people who have had it can tell me their experiences. Is this spring thing effective?Is it in for a long period of time or short period?

Many Thanks
Newmetal

KittyW

#2 Post by KittyW »

Hey Newmetal!

Glad your first adjustment went well. I had a spring coil on my lower front teeth for well over 6 months. It was by far the worst part of my treatment because the coil cut into my lower lip (I was the Queen of Wax! :lol: ). The coils are VERY effective at creating a space for a tooth crowded out of alignment.

Here are my before, during and after pics! Hard to believe my lower teeth were so terrible. And look how white my debanded teeth are! I haven't even had the Zoom whitening done yet! The debanded "finished" pics are with the temporary retainers on. As soon as I can, I'll try to post my nekid teeth! :D

Ack! I hated those spacers! 12/2004
ImageImage
Here's that godawful coil making room for that back tooth! Took months to make enough space for the bracket on the tooth.

November 2005 - progress! My teeth are a nasty yellow! Ick!
ImageImage

The home stretch! April 2006

Ta da! Don't they look awesome!!!
ImageImage

Kitty
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

jessikah

#3 Post by jessikah »

your teeth look amazing kittyw!

i'm so jealous! :P