Popcorn

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brianrex

Popcorn

#1 Post by brianrex »

I know we're not supposed to eat it with braces, but I've been braced for a month now and crave popcorn just about more than any of the other foods I've had to give up. Anyone manage to eat some popcorn every now and then without too many problems?

JacquieMz

#2 Post by JacquieMz »

One word.....Waterpick, It will get out any leftover stuff in and around the braces, you will be amazed at the stuff that it gets out.

Jackie

bckydgardnr

#3 Post by bckydgardnr »

you all are brave!!!
I crave popcorn, but in all this time I haven't had it.

gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

KJM

#4 Post by KJM »

I eat popcorn all the time. Just be careful like Meryaten mentioned. :)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

hippyhippo

Re: Popcorn

#5 Post by hippyhippo »

I know we're not supposed to eat it with braces, but I've been braced for a month now and crave popcorn just about more than any of the other foods I've had to give up. Anyone manage to eat some popcorn every now and then without too many problems?
I think I lasted 2 weeks without popcorn. It's actually one of the easier snack foods to eat with braces IMO. The only thing you really need to watch out for is absolutely NO kernals (luckily not a problem, since the popcorn at my pub is kernal free), and bits and pieces getting stuck between your teeth. A good flossing combined with a the waterpik solves that.

Lucifina

#6 Post by Lucifina »

I do popcorn all the time...I held out for awhile too but then I caved! I just eat one piece at a time and I don't eat the unpopped kernels which I used to eat all the time before :oops: (probably not good for me anyway!) I eat anything I want to now. The only thing I have not eaten is caramel apples which just seems like a bad idea all together because it is 3 bad things all in one! Apple on a stick, ow! caramel, messy, and nuts, not pretty at all :shock: The thing that sux though is my mom keeps buying them now that it is fall and bring them to my house because they are my fave and then is like "Oh, I'm sorry you can't eat those!" I think she and my mister are evil and plotting against me :twisted: Torture I tell you!
But back to the Popcorn just go w/the water pick after and you should be fine. It does fell like you have half a bag of popcorn stuck in your grill though when you are done :-*
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage