questions im new

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alliebear

questions im new

#1 Post by alliebear »

hello all i just joined this board, i despertatly need braces and im calling the dentist soon to see if i qualify for my insurance to cover it but anyways ive seen on here everyone talking about so many different kinds of braces i only knew about invisilign and metal. ive seen pictures with some people having like clear on top u can still see the metal wire but its clear and metal on bottom what is that called and ive heard about behind the teeth....ne ways im just askin if someone can explain all the types and maybe everyone can post pictures of their braces..thanks

cNp-21

Types of braces

#2 Post by cNp-21 »

Invisalign is a state-of-the-art alternative to braces that is virtually undetectable to other people. Invisalign straightens your teeth, not with brackets or wires, but with a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners.

Lingual Braces are applied behind the teeth. Since they are difficult for the casual observer to detect, Invisible Braces allow you to smile with confidence. These braces are an alternative way to create a beautiful smile.

Ceramic braces are worn on the front of the teeth just like traditional steel braces, but unlike metal braces they blend with the color of the teeth for a much less noticeable appearance. Ceramic braces are harder than metal braces, work just as effectively, and will not stain.