Waterpik

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tracy729

#16 Post by tracy729 »

Oh ok mine came with the ortho attachment too. I will have to try it.

katmc_tx

#17 Post by katmc_tx »

I love my waterpik and couldn’t live without it and so a few months ago I had to travel for a business trip. I thought about being without my waterpik for a week and just knew it wasn’t possible.

With all the new regs while flying I wasn’t sure if I should carry my waterpik on board and I didn’t want to put it in my check bag either cause I was just sure it would get broken.

I had tried the Waterpik portable oral care system and did not care for it b/c it felt really awkward and bulky. So I went in search of a new small travel waterpik.

Well I found the conair/interplak rechargeable portable waterjet at Target for 19.99 and I love it. It is sooooo tiny and yet does the job and I can carry it in my purse of all places. Here is the link in case anyone wants to take a look.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/re ... B0007ZAFV2
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

xtrememkovr

#18 Post by xtrememkovr »

To answer the questions about which water pik we use... I found mine on the water pik site here: http://www.waterpik-store.com/product_d ... T+WP%2D100

I brush first with my triumph oral b - then "pik" gums and braces (usually takes 1 tank of water). then I fill it up with warm water and use either a few parts of listerine or some other mouth wash stuff I had prescribed for my gums by my dentist over my gums and between my teeth again and that's it. I'm going to be looking into doing a once a week deep cleaning with the little tip thingee though with some HP solution as I think my gums could definitely use the extra attention. I NEVER wanna have deep cleaning again.
OUCH-IE. Speaking of ouch - I only use the pik between the 1-4 speeds. Anything over that is just too much pressure on my gums and teeth and I'm scared I'll be making my gums recede even more... :(

X.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson.

Way Too Old For This

#19 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Karen,
does your cordless waterpik look like this one?
http://www.smileshop.com/orstore/showit ... id=WP-360W

If so, I wonder how on earth you dry the tank. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and going to give it one more try. I might just have to go to a Walmart to pick up a different one while I'm gone tho. So far its not been worth the $30 I paid for it thats for sure.

And my regular Waterpik is going out I think. Its making weird noises and doesn't seem to be shooting out the water as fast as it used to. (Maybe that is why I can use it at full strength with no problem...) Anyway I got it about a month before I got my braces so its only a little over a year old. They don't seem to last too long. Although, I do use it a LOT and my husband uses it everyday too. That one has been worth the $40 we paid for it I guess.

Think I'll get the same mode you got xtrememkovr....I do like the look of that one and the way the nozzels are stored. thanks for the pic.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Lisa65

#20 Post by Lisa65 »

I have the one on this page

http://www.oraldent.co.uk/interplak.asp

jessikah

#21 Post by jessikah »

are waterpicks available in australia?

they sound like they work wonders! i want one. i find it really hard to floss with braces! :cry:

ishasha

#22 Post by ishasha »

I have one too. But it stopped working very well two years ago. The water would not come out consistently. I hate to throw it away but I couldn't fix it either. So it's been shelved since then... :cry:

jessikah

#23 Post by jessikah »

thats for that KK!

i will look into it :) it's really strange that they don't sell them here in aussie land!

turrrtlelove22

#24 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

ok dumb question... so does it just squirt water on your teeth and gums? i was thinkng it was a suction thing too, but apparently not...so you just have to hold your mouth over the sink and let the excess water run out? I priced one at Walgreens and Wally World the other day and the one I want runs about 60 bucks...

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product. ... rod2180455#

It's really neat and has like 8 attachments and storage on top for them all and some other neat features and stuff. Its a good size for the amount of counter space I have...Yay...

I might invest in it before I get braces. Things get insanely stuck as it is and I dont even have them yet...lol...Hope the 60 bucks is worth it....
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#25 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Wow. KK You are a wealth of info!!! You're like the mother hen of archwired...hehe...(Lynn your cool too for creating this site... :wink: ). I think I might switch to the one with less amount of attachments then if I will mainly use one. That is a good idea. i would have never thought about that. And would have been sick about if I couldnt find a replacement. This is all good info and will I make of note of this when I do purchase a gribblie getter...haha... read that word on here...I think its HIGH-larious!!!. Thanks again. :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Way Too Old For This

#26 Post by Way Too Old For This »

KK, thanks for the info. I'm glad that your unit is working out so well for you. I'm just really lazy about my usual cleaning routine so I use the waterpik to replace flossing and don't feel like I've cleaned around my gums unless I run it for about 6-8 minutes. The corded varieties put out a much stronger jet stream and of course the water tank is larger. The warm water on the gums is very very soothing to sore teeth.

turrrtlelove, I'm pretty sure that all the nozzles fit all the WaterPik models, and I know you can buy just the nozzles.

I think the model in your link is the one I will buy. I also think that most of the corded models are basically the same, just come with different looks to them, and they all come with a different number of nozzles. The one I have now only had one nozzle and one tongue scraper, so I ordered a second set for my husband.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Granola

#27 Post by Granola »

I've been reading this thread, and thinking about how great my cordless Waterpik is, and OH NO, it died today. I can't believe it. Actually, the motor is running, but no water is able to get into the pump, so the battery is just fine.

I just went to the Waterpik website, and it looks like they require that I take it to a local small appliance repair place. Ugh, somehow the thought of my Waterpik, this thing I use in my mouth, being handled by someone else in a repair shop is just completely not okay. I need to contact Waterpik and find out what else can be done (I just purchased mine in February of this year, so I guess the reviews that I read are right).

Wah, I miss it already. :cry:
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

swan

#28 Post by swan »

In two weeks I'm going to Australia for three months. As I read this, it looks like I should take a waterpik with me, since they won't be available to buy when I get there.
I have a corded one with a big tank right now.
Should I get a cordless/rechargable one for the trip?
How do you deal with the different voltage and outlets in Australia, KK and others? What kind of converter or whatever did you buy?
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

xtrememkovr

#29 Post by xtrememkovr »

ok dumb question... so does it just squirt water on your teeth and gums? i was thinkng it was a suction thing too, but apparently not...so you just have to hold your mouth over the sink and let the excess water run out? I priced one at Walgreens and Wally World the other day and the one I want runs about 60 bucks...

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product. ... rod2180455#

It's really neat and has like 8 attachments and storage on top for them all and some other neat features and stuff. Its a good size for the amount of counter space I have...Yay...

I might invest in it before I get braces. Things get insanely stuck as it is and I dont even have them yet...lol...Hope the 60 bucks is worth it....
turtle dove - this is exactly the model I have - and I couldn't be happier. It doesn't take up that much space in my bathroom and I share space with a pre-teen hair obsessed girl cousin of mine. :) I have room next to the sink for my water pik - and my oral b electric tooth brush AND a few toiletries. :)

X.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson.