26 minutes and counting....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

florencegal

26 minutes and counting....

#1 Post by florencegal »

To saying goodbye to my four premolars :( Surprisingly, I slept ok and am feeling alright. Well, in my head anyway - my stomach is all over the place! :FeelSick: I can't believe this day has come and the past week especially has been really tough. I've thought about cancelling everything and learning to put up with my teeth the way they are but deep down in my heart I know I can't and even though I have no scientific proof of this, I know my teeth are getting worse. So what's the point of putting off the inevitable? Once the braces are on I trust that I will be fine and it will even be quite fun - it's a new adventure in life right? And at the end of it all, I'm already thinking of the invitations I'll be sending out for my Going Naked Party! :dance:

I'm not sure I'll feel ok with posting pictures before I at least get the braces on, I hope you guys will understand :wink: But I'm stocked up on painkillers, lots of yummy soups and smoothies and some trashy rom-com dvds to keep my mind occupied for the rest of the day. I've even draped scarves and sheets over all the mirrors in the house so that I don't look until I feel good and ready!

Ok, wish me luck - here goes nothing.....

x

florencegal

#2 Post by florencegal »

I'm back! Thank you so much Meryaten - it was too late to see your post but I felt your kind wishes anyway and it helped me through :) I'm thinking perhaps the whole thing was an anticlimax - he twisted the first one a bit, took his hands away and said "Ok, that's the first one done". And my honest reaction was "Are you kidding?!" It just popped right out! The upper right and lower left took a bit more work but the dentist was great - he counted to 10 each time and then stopped for a break which was great as that gives you something to aim at - just 7 more seconds, just 4 more seconds..... I have my four teeth in a little bag and my friend is going to stop by after work and be the Tooth Fairy - I hope the rate has gone up from the 20p I remember last time I put a tooth under my pillow! :wink: Heck, I'll settle for a good bowlful of Ben & Jerry's I reckon!

I've taken some Nurofen (and then immediately panicked and read the packet to make sure it doesn't contain aspirin, that wouldn't help the clotting... But just Ibruprofen and codeine, I presume that's ok right?) I have the dentist's home phone number in case of any panicking during the night and I'm now going to settle down on the sofa, watch the Da Vinci Code and dribble onto my pillow! :lol: :lol:

I know it's early days yet and the pain and discomfort may be just around the corner, but to all those waiting for extractions - the waiting IS the worst bit, honestly!

Big hugs to all

x

Svensk Tiger

#3 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Glad to hear it went well. Lots of luck for your up and coming brace-day!
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

Lyn

#4 Post by Lyn »

Florencegal Cheers!! :-88 You did it!! :-)o

You did it!! You should be proud of yourself for taking the first step in your new "journey". I'm sure you'll be up and around in no time. But, take it easy! Drink lots of fluids - even if you can't eat - so you don't get dehydrated.

Take care. Keep us updated!! :P
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

MrsF

#5 Post by MrsF »

That's great to hear Florencegal! I also had some teeth pulled before braces....and it wasn't as bad as I had thought it all to be! Take it easy and enjoy the time to relax! :D

Saki

#6 Post by Saki »

Hi florencegal,

Glad your extractions went so smoothly! I hope you are having a relaxing and painfree day! Good luck with the next stages! You'll be fine! :D

xtrememkovr

#7 Post by xtrememkovr »

Hi! :) Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATS in taking the next step towards a healthier smile! I bet you're glad that's over with and that now you can think about healing and brace day, hmmm? :)

X.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson.

joney

#8 Post by joney »

Hi florencegal

Glad it went ok for you. My turn to get 2 out on Thursday. I'm dreading it but no the actuality will be much worse than the event itself. I have stocked up on nicotine patches as I know you're no allowed to smoke afterwards.

Here's to your gaps healing up quickly.

Regards
Joney

joney

#9 Post by joney »

Hi florencegal

Glad it went ok for you. My turn to get 2 out on Thursday. I'm dreading it but know thinking about it will be much worse than the event itself. I have stocked up on nicotine patches as I know you're no allowed to smoke afterwards.

Here's to your gaps healing up quickly.

Regards
Joney

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Hi florencegal

Just read your story and wow it sounded like mine not really anyways. I'm glad its over for you mine was a weird extraction I had four molars extracted two on the upper jaw and two on the lower jaw. The oral surgon did the two on the right first and a week later did the two on the left.

It wasn't quit a week as my lower left molar that was going to be extracted caused me SEVERE PAIN 2 days before extraction date so the oral surgon extracted the two molars 2 days before my scheduled appointment. After that about 3 weeks later I got braces and now I've had my braces on for over a month so I'm sure things are going to light up in your future.

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Gennel

#11 Post by Gennel »

Florencegal , I knew it would go well! I've always said that the anxiety is the worst part of extractions! You willl do great on bracing day. Post pics when you get braces :)

Congrats!!

Gennel

Joual

#12 Post by Joual »

Congratulations florencegal! Enjoy your soups and smoothies! :D