Jaws' Braces are Off! Before and After Pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

not2worry39212

#16 Post by not2worry39212 »

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations.

mtbrncofn

#17 Post by mtbrncofn »

Absolutely beautiful, jaws! Congrats on that pretty new smile. :D
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Pirate Wench

#18 Post by Pirate Wench »

:-)o :-V :-88 That is AMAZING :jump: :dance: :-**

All of us can only hope for results as beautiful as yours.......I can't beleive it only took 14 months!

WOW

payoki

wow

#19 Post by payoki »

t hey look great! your smile looks wider and bigger. I hope to achieve the same result, hopefully. Congratulation!!
mother of one.

Raspberry

#20 Post by Raspberry »

You look great!
And all in only 14 months!

I'm just curious how long your ortho told you it would take?

momof2grlz

#21 Post by momof2grlz »

What a beautiful result! You must be so pleased. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

fitchick

#22 Post by fitchick »

Amazing! You must be so thrilled. A total transformation, they look fantastic. And so quick. I love looking at these before and after prictures - so inspiring.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

braced4asmile

#23 Post by braced4asmile »

You look fabulous! It's pretty awesome that it only took 14 months to get such a perfect smile like yours. Your arches and profile are amazing!

P.S. You might have to change your username! You're no Jaws now!! :) Keep smiling!

butterfly

#24 Post by butterfly »

You look so pretty! I am jealous.

CONGRATS!!!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

jaws

#25 Post by jaws »

Thanks so much everyone! :D

I am loving being brace-free. I have started whitening with the Crest Premium Plus Whitestrips...they are making my teeth a bit sensitive, although I've heard this is normal. I hope that they whiten up a few of the yellow teeth that I have. For some reason my 'eye' teeth (I don't know the right terms!) are quite yellow on the top and bottom. I'm wondering if my toothbrush couldn't quite reach them while I was in braces...or they might be yellow because of their previous positions before I got the braces, who knows!

Clo--my bite actually feels good. I feel like a couple of my molars are still a bit out of line, but my ortho has mentioned that he is hoping to correct that with my retainer when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

Rasberry--My ortho originally told me that it would take 18 months, so I was 4 months early which is nice!

This has been a crazy week, since I also just purchased my first home, and will be moving in on Friday! Lots of changes!! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

Raspberry

#26 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks so much everyone! :D

Rasberry--My ortho originally told me that it would take 18 months, so I was 4 months early which is nice!
Thanks! This give me a lot of hope! I was told 18-24 months, and a lot of people I meet that had braces tell me that they had them longer than what they were told.

Chris

#27 Post by Chris »

Clo--my bite actually feels good. I feel like a couple of my molars are still a bit out of line, but my ortho has mentioned that he is hoping to correct that with my retainer when it arrives in a couple of weeks.D
Are they out of line up or down or sideways? I'd be curious to find out how he corrects it with the retainers. Hawleys? Keep us informed.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

jaws

#28 Post by jaws »

Chris-I think my molars are a bit out of line both up and down and sideways!! I think one of them is tilting in a bit, and I think there is a little too much space between my upper and lower molars when my mouth is closed.

I am also interested in how my ortho plans to correct this. I am not getting Hawleys...I am getting an Essix type of retainer except that the bottom and top are connected (kind of like a mouthguard)--I think it's called a Damon Night Splint. The ortho said he would try to correct with the retainer first, and if that didn't work he would put two 'mini' brackets on my last 2 molars, with a tiny wire between them to level things out. I hope that that doesn't end up happening!

I'll keep you posted!
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

Chris

#29 Post by Chris »

Chris-The ortho said he would try to correct with the retainer first, and if that didn't work he would put two 'mini' brackets on my last 2 molars, with a tiny wire between them to level things out. !
2 brackets, that sounds interesting, much better than a mouthful of them. I wonder if there is enough "torque" to accomplish that.
Well, as long as they accomplish their goals.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

yaz

#30 Post by yaz »

Simply amazing. You are so pretty also. And your teeth look so lovely. Ahh, I love them! Your ortho did a fab job :!: :!: :!: