Update pictures *underbite* and a question...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

Update pictures *underbite* and a question...

#1 Post by gsx »

This is my whole progress... but the question is

Do you see the arch which "bypasses" these teeth?
The doctor has been changed, and the new one told me no longer to use elastics but to put the wire this way to lower these two teeth.
Have you ever seen this configuration?

Regards
Last edited by gsx on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsx

#2 Post by gsx »

thank you KK

I'll work on reduce the picture dimensions.

I become braced on 22 december 2005, so i'm 11 months braced now. Expected to be 18 months treatment, I've been a good patient as I have take care to wear the elastics as long as I can (not only in night time)

Regards

gsx

#3 Post by gsx »

I started wearing them as long as I'm not eating.
I calculate 20 hours a day, more or less.
The better is to take pictures after an adjustment, thats when your see clear the improvements (I forget to do it in one or two adjustemnts)
regards

M1k3y

#4 Post by M1k3y »

Great progress. I didn't know that braces alone could correct an underbite without surgery.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

NotBob1

#5 Post by NotBob1 »

It's good to know that this can be accomplished without the knife!
Last edited by NotBob1 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Gsx, your progress is awesome. My bite was similar to yours at the start, although my front teeth (well, a couple of them anyway) were more hitting each other square on than the uppers being behind the lowers. All my gaps are being closed with elastics and, more recently, a couple of bends in my lower wire to bring my canines up.

gsx

#7 Post by gsx »

KK wrote:Thanks gsx ... and how many weeks/months did you wear class III elastics before your uppers were in front of your lowers :?:

Sorry for all the questions ... but I'm a little lacking in patience in this area, and keen to know the time frame for others! :banana:
kiwi, don't be afraid to ask... for me is a pleasure to answer to the questions of the most supportive person in the forum.
BTW, my ortho put a small cuantity of "tarmac" (white cement) in my molars, to avoid the upper brackets to hit the lower teeth. These was really disconforting, because I had a gap between my upper teeth and my lower, and it did not allow me to chew properly. I calculate they were in for three months, while the archwire was doing his job (placing upper teeth a bit straighter) So the answer: it lasted 3-4 months to reverse the underbite to a edge-to-edge oclussion.

lionfish ¿do you have pictures of your treatment? they will help a lot

M1k3y the ortho said there was the posibility to fail the treatment, not in most cases but there is a little percentage wich can't be corrected with bracing but surgery does

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

KK wrote:
Sounds like your progress is going well also Lionfish! Excellent news! :banana:
Thanks, and yes - I'm not complaining right now. I think there just came a point where things kicked in and started to happen. Maybe the stars were lining up for me or something!??!

When your underbite decides it's had enough - as it will - you'll know all about it!