Kind of a lot of issues right now, advice?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lemonlyme

Kind of a lot of issues right now, advice?

#1 Post by lemonlyme »

My expander is pushing one of my back molars out so far like |\ thats my tooth. It's got a buccul tube on it, and it's digging into the back of my mouth-it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! The wax i have just rubs right off :(.

Also, because of my expander i have a HUGE (read) H-U-G-E gap in my front teeth, someone said i looked like a hillbilly :roll: .

I'm concerned how long my tooth will be so pushed out, because it's really weird looking and makes my bite weird, and rubs my mouth really awfully raw.

Any input anyone?

erik

#2 Post by erik »

My 13yr old son had the expander, and yes it gave him the hillbilly look! It was huge! I was amazed at how much it moved, and in just a couple weeks!

He had brackets, but no wire during that time. When we stopped adjusting it, the ortho wired the expander mechanism so it would not move anymore and installed the arch wire. The gap closed fairly quickly, I think within an adjustment period or two (with no powerchains).

Did not notice any weirdness on his molars though...

After about nine months, the expander was removed. I can tell you that he was very happy when that was gone...

Erik

summergirl

#3 Post by summergirl »

people are sooo crule its sad .I would never say anything like that.I feel sooooo sorry for you .Just remember it is not as bad as it seems and keep a smile on your face in no time it is going to be a BEAUTIFUL one. :D :D
Summergirl