Braces dreams anyone???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dovechild20

Braces dreams anyone???

#1 Post by Dovechild20 »

Last night I had a VERY vivid dream that my wires suddenly came undone and I couldn't put them back and was spending my whole dream trying to get in touch with my ortho so that he could put the wires back on. I woke up before he did tho.

Im guessing Im dreaming about this since my very 1st adjustment is coming up this coming Wednesday and I called and left a message with my ortho's office because I have to change the time of the appointment.

Anyone else have dreams about their braces? How weird do they get?

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

Oh yeah!

The one where people's teeth fall out is pretty popular... I think you'll find most people have had a braces dream at least once!!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I've had a couple. One was that my archwire came off and I was trying to get it back in but my teeth were wobbling about all over the place everytime I touched them.

the other was that my ortho told me that the springs he is using to push back my molars weren't working and that he would have to extract those teeth, and proceeded to start doing it there and then without any anaesthetic!

bracedforit

#4 Post by bracedforit »

Ok, I'm really glad I'm not the only one with these weird dreams. I usually have them a few days before and after an adjustment. In some I "wake up" with all my teeth on my pillow - when I do wake up the first thing I do is check and make sure there still there. Also, the one where the braces fall off and my teeth get extremely loose. I guess these are common.

cmm1280

#5 Post by cmm1280 »

I just had my first "braces dream" 2 nights ago. :-Z I had the dreaded teeth falling out dream. It was horrible! :yikes: I kept trying to put them back in, but they kept coming out.

I was very relieved to find that when I woke up, everything was still intact!

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

Jillianleab

#6 Post by Jillianleab »

I've had several, but never the teeth falling out that seems so common! A few days before my first adjustment I had a dream that I went for my appointment and the ortho said, "Well, that's the best we can do! Take 'em off!" I've also had dreams about other people having braces, mine being off, etc. It's very common!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Lyn

#7 Post by Lyn »

YESS!!!! :-9

I had one the other night...............since I am getting debanded in a few days, I guess I'm thinking about it in my dreams, as well as all day long.

Anyway, my dream was that I went to get debanded and my teeth looked horrible - - big gaps & spaces, rotten teeth, crooked (more so than pre-braces), etc. etc. horrible. In my dream the ortho. said it would be ok to take them off, since I would be getting a retainer. The retainer would fix everything!

Isn't that a riot!!!! :huh:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

Heh heh.....haven't had one lately, the last being that the braces slid off my teeth while I was asleep.

Dovechild20

#9 Post by Dovechild20 »

Wow, ya'll's dreams make mine seem like piddly winks, lol. Im glad im not alone on this tho, cause I was really disturbed at first, but I figured Im probably not the first or the last to have these types of dreams. They are kind of funny tho. I'll have to wait to see i ever have the teeth falling out dream, lol.

violinist

braces dream

#10 Post by violinist »

i had a dream I was wearing braces and my friend wears braces too o in my dream we were in the kitchen /pantry and all his brackets fell off and were on the floor. lol. weird huh?