What Colors?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

What Colors?

#1 Post by iBorg »

On Thursday I have my first official appointment. This will not be the first time I've been to my ortho since getting my uppers. I have had an appointment to trim a wire and get a bite plate due to my grinding, three to get brackets reattached and one to have a clip replaced. I can't say it’s been smooth sailing but I'm still happy and excited about my progress. One advantage to having this number of unofficial appointments is my banding for my lowers got moved up a week with spacers installed while a bracket was being reattached. I may also get a new archwire or elastics during this appointment.

If I have the option of adding any color to my smile via ligatures or power chains any suggestions? When I started this I thought be reserved, you're a 48 year old male. Now I'm used to the idea of braces and want to have fun!
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I second meryaten's advice. I selected what I regarded as a fairly bold colour - something like the banner in KK's ticker - and it turned out something like this.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/ ... 080142.jpg

I'm quite happy with it, but I reckon if I'd chosen something paler, the colour would have disappeared completely.

Ugh...have just spotted some left over lunch between my teeth....

bip

#3 Post by bip »

I started out with silver too in order to break myself in slowly. But it is boring! Go for Black!

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

I'll go either for Christmas or Purple if given the option. For all I know I could get wire ties and not have any options.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

HeadgearJoe

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

I'VE allready broke out the christmas colors green uppers an red an green lowers . i go back the 21st i'll do the uppers in green an red then to , i'm a 49 year ole male an still haveing fun with braces to , my daughters an grandkids think it's great
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

ChangingBraces

#6 Post by ChangingBraces »

I like purple the best! I've had hot pink as well,which is nice. Does maroon look like bleeding gums or does it look good? I'm interested in one but afraid of red colors looking like blood.

ChangingBraces

#7 Post by ChangingBraces »

Oh that doesnt look bad. But the green does break it up too. Maybe I'll try maroon with another color & see how I like it.

Kodius Champion

#8 Post by Kodius Champion »

I started out with silver too in order to break myself in slowly. But it is boring! Go for Black!
That's exactly what I did, and I'm really liking the black now. Looking back on the pics I took with the silver ligs? *insert Homer Simpson voice* Boooooooooooring.

Higgy

#9 Post by Higgy »

You guys make me wish I had the option of colors! Do the elestacis have colors as well as the ligatures? Or is it just plain jane? At least that way I could have fun while my jaw moves to the right spot!

Delag

#10 Post by Delag »

I can't tell you how dissapointed I was to walk out of my orthos office with In Ovation brackets (no colors). The family had even taken a vote and picked out my first three months of colors :( I think I would go red for Christmas - IMO the red green combo would bug me on Jan. 5th. Red is nice, cheerful and Christmasy (Christmasie? Christmissy? is that a word?). I will just have to settle for hanging some tinsle and angles from my archwire 8)

iBorg

#11 Post by iBorg »

Aw shucks I ended up with wire ties and no color. There's always next time. :D

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009