You Brush Your Teeth How Many Times A Day??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracedapril05

You Brush Your Teeth How Many Times A Day??

#1 Post by Bracedapril05 »

How many times a day would you brush your teeth??

I brush my teeth 3 times a day sometimes 4 depending what I ate Just curious about others :)

Joel-

#2 Post by Joel- »

I usually brush twice, morning and night.

Morning:
Oral irrigator
Rinse with Listerine prebrush whitening
Brush with Arm & Hammer Advanced Whitening Toothpaste
Rinse with ACT Restoring Mint

After food I usually rinse with the oral irrigator...

Night:
Oral irrigator
Rinse with Listerine prebrush whitening
Brush with Arm & Hammer Advanced Whitening Toothpaste
I WAS flossing here, but it's too much of a hassle now with braces
Rinse with Listerine Vanilla Mint

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Usually 3X daily after main meals.

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

We did a poll about this a while back in July 2005:

I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

sjsarre

#5 Post by sjsarre »

I brush twice a day using blanx toothpaste, with two different heads on my oral B professional, one that has longer bristles to get into all the nooks and crannys! and the standard brush for afterwards. This is finished off by using a contraption with a small bristle brush (bit like a bottle brush cleaner) which I used to clean around the brackets.. Then I finish off with Oral B mouthwash...

Once every couple of days I do a saltwater mouth wash.

My dentist says my routine certainly works as my teeth haven't required cleaning by the hygenist and there are no plans to book me in.. So i'm happy!!

:D

Kodius Champion

#6 Post by Kodius Champion »

After breakfast, lunch (at work), and supper -- that's three. Plus, any other time I've snacked or just feel grungy.

In total, somewhere around 5 times a day.

bip

#7 Post by bip »

Usually 3 - morning, lunch and night. My night cleaning is the most detailed - i floss then. In the morning after i brush I use anticeptic rinse. Plus I "clean up" anytime i snack - ie - rinse the gunk out, pick if i need to, etc. Saturday I'll be going to my first football game since getting braces. As all good football fans know, that means a tailgate party and a tailgate party means food. So, it should be interesting while I try and figure out what I'm going to do for cleanup in a very crowded public restroom with a bunch of buzzed people! :? But, I'm sure I'll manage!

ghostmyimag3

#8 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I used to brush after lunch, floss and rinse with that crest pro health.
Then again at bedtime, floss and listerine
Now however ever since yesterday i do it whenever i eat. I left my desk keys at home and my toothbrush was locked in my desk so i just rinsed my mouth out but brushed when i got home.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

I do a real OTT clean at night - waterpik, floss, brush, interdental, mouthwash............

In the mornings I just do a quick brush and swish with mouthwash (I don't eat breakfast) and after lunch I use my water jet and another quick brush.

bip

#10 Post by bip »

OMG Meryaten you know what? I never thought of the lipstick comparison! You are absolutely right! i'll remember that. I did do the quiet, non sporting event restroom thing last weekend at lunch. Some chick walked in while I was spitting and looked @ me sideways and i just smiled my biggest silver smile like - look dork, i'm not vomiting i'm brushing my teeth for gadsake! :lol: LOL on the porta potty deal! I told my husband that I hoped our gate was by the potties with the little portable sinks in front of them this week and he just rolled his eyes @ me. I swear that man thinks i live to embarrass him!

Kiwi K you are SO right - "Braces prevent us from doing nothing, only we can do that!" Very true for many things in life I find.

Tailgate parties must have started with sports fans feeling they didn't have enough time to eat, drink and be merry AND pay attention to the game. So, they start the party hours before, in the parking lot from the back of their vehicles - in most cases a pick-up truck where we put the tailgate down and use it as a table or to sit on. Hence the term "tailgate". Now, tailgates get pretty big and can expand to include pop-up tents, deejays or bands. So, most times the parties don't even fit on a tailgate anymore! :P For many years our team stunk but you'd still go to the games for the tailgate! LOL.

[/quote]

bip

#11 Post by bip »

Ha ha ha - yeah, i did notice the food particle/sink thing the first time I rinsed out after dinner on brace day! You are right - that could look kinda suspicious to the average restroom visitor! :oops:

Oh yeah, i hear ya on the embarrassment of hubbies and kids. What does that funny bumper sticker say - something like - just one more service i offer... :lol:

Tin Indian

#12 Post by Tin Indian »

2 minutes in morning
3 minutes plus flossing at night
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

ishasha

#13 Post by ishasha »

I clean my teeth at least 3 times a day, after each meal. I almost stopped having snacks now. But if I do, I'll add another cleaning afterwards. :(

My cleaning procedure:

1. waterpik. If at work, use a small inter braces brush instead.
2. floss
3. brush. Oral-B e-brush at home. Manual brush at work.
4. rinse with Listerene.

Then between meals, I do salt water rinse. Sounds like I'm very diligent. :)

BTW, in my company, there is one small bathroom that only allows one person at a time and you can apply a lock from inside. So it's pretty convenient for my after-lunch cleaning. But I've flossed and brushed in the other bigger bathrooms before. I don' think it's embarassing. :oops:
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

MsShelbyville

#14 Post by MsShelbyville »

I mean really you're no different then anyone else in the bathroom who happens to care about there mouth. I don't get banded for another couple of weeks but I still brush and floss my teeth at my job or anywhere else! Overall it's about the benefit of doing it no matter how embarrasing it may be or other ppl's opinion of you! :D

raninhas

#15 Post by raninhas »

I'm sorry, but... what's an OTT cleaning routine? :oops:
Please, excuse my newbie ignorance.