Cinnamon toothpaste = bad idea!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nimo

Cinnamon toothpaste = bad idea!

#1 Post by nimo »

I don't know if other people have had this experience. I switched from normal mint toothpaste to cinnamon. I just wanted to try something different. It's pretty much the biggest mistake I've made so far in my treatment. I normally get sore spots just like everyone else, but both sides of my tongue and both sides of the inside of my upper lip are torn up, and I have two sore spots on the inside of my upper and lower lip on the left side. I basically have to do saltwater soaks after every brushing because it hurts so bad. I've switched back to regular toothpaste, which seems to be helping a little.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Higgy

#2 Post by Higgy »

Don't know about the cinnamin toothpaste, but lately the springs in the front bottom for me have been irritating my lip and have a couple of places where the wire is abrazing my cheeck where they've gotten long (less than a week till my appt), and I noticed last night that the listerine mouthwash burned! So much for "less intense", haha.

lisaemtp

#3 Post by lisaemtp »

I've never been able to tolerate that cinnamon toothpaste, even without braces! Same with cinnamon candy, gum...I hope your mouth starts feeling better now that you're back to regular toothpaste!

Lisa

MsShelbyville

#4 Post by MsShelbyville »

hate that happened to you....though the saying says stick to what you know! :lol:

Alimommy2

#5 Post by Alimommy2 »

It could be cinnamon oil in the paste? I've never tried cinnamon, I use the vanilla mint because it's less strong and my two year old can use it too.

Dovechild20

#6 Post by Dovechild20 »

Seriously, I tried that crest Total (or Complete, i dunno, lol) Health in cinnamon and it was very very gross. Neither me or my hubby liked it. To be fair, we tried the regular mint with that same toothpaste and it was nasty as well, lol.

I'll just stick with my regular pastes from now on, lol.

edit: I also didnt like the fact that the toothpaste made my tongue and cheeks go numb, not pleasant at all
Last edited by Dovechild20 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDFD TSchott

#7 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I happen to have Colgate MaxFresh with Mini BreathStrips Whitening Cool mint toothpaste and I've used that for as long as its been out.

SDFD TSchott
CODE 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008