Had to laugh!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

Had to laugh!

#1 Post by Tin Indian »

:lol: Had to laugh at myself last night. Earlier in the day I went to Walgreens for some stuff and bought a lighted dental mirror for myself as well. Fast forward to last night: While brushing my teeth and checking them with my new mirror, I noticed a bottle of Plak Brite that came in the same pkg as my mirror. I thought what the heck,I'll put some of this stuff on my teeth after brushing and flossing( thats what the instructions said )and low and behold - My mouth and my brackets were a BRITE YELLOW!. Now I always thought my brushing habits were good but according to the stuff I put on they weren't. Seems I put 10 drops in my mouth , not the 2 that was suggested! I showed my teeth to the wife and thought I would die of laughing when I seen the look on her face!What a hoot!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Hope your teeth are back to their normal colour now! Bright yellow is not a good look! I'm sure you're not the first or won't be the last to make this mistake. Good that you can laugh about it.

Regards
Joney

turrrtlelove22

#3 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

whoa Tin Indian...thanks for the serious chuckles...lol :lol: I saw that at Walgreens and was going to get it but I put it back. I thought it a little wierd and decided to stick with that Listerine stuff for kids that turns your plaque blue instead. Hope it wears/ brushes off soon... :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

MsShelbyville

#4 Post by MsShelbyville »

I'm sure your wife was shocked out of her mind!

Alimommy2

#5 Post by Alimommy2 »

The whole weekend, Stace? I wouldn't want my lips stained pink for one whole day. LOL!

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

I've had lip stain after using disclosing tablets, fortunately it was one of the pink ones my ortho gave me rather than the blue ones I'd bought from the chemist! :shock:

I do tend to be a bit "goth" in my dress, but blue lips are just too much!

Betty Bat

#7 Post by Betty Bat »

Tin Indian,
Bet you (and your wife) are great fun at a party - in general, not just because of the yellow dye!

simplywired

#8 Post by simplywired »

LOL - thanks for the great laugh. Reminded me of the time I decided to make tapioca pudding in the microwave (before reading the directions of course). Anyhow, I dumped the whole box in, thinking it was like other puddings, and this HUGE BLOB started to fill the whole microwave up! I finally had to stop it or it would have burst through the door. ONLY then did I bother reading the directions!

Can you tell I'm not much of a cook? Hey - we do try :D Keep smiling.

rmwolf83

#9 Post by rmwolf83 »

Hey there Tin Indian! I bought the same stuff at CVS a few weeks ago, dental mirror with a little black light on it with the drops to show the plaque. It was on clearance, so I thought "hey, why not?". I actually really like it. It's not like the Agent Cool Blue, that stuff tints my whole mouth blue and it sorta hard to tell what's what (but I love the bubble gum flavor!). The yellow drops are cool 'cause after you let the drops mix with your saliva and coat your teeth, you turn on the little black light on the mirror (I turn out the bathroom lights when I do this) and put the mirror in your mouth and the plaque that you've missed just glows. It's really kinda neat and gross at the same time. I've never had a problem with my mouth staying yellow, I brush my teeth again after I've seen where all the plaque is hiding, then I do the light thing again and hopefully I've gotten it all! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is concerned about getting all that nasty plaque off their teeth!

~Rachel~

Debanding: 12/18/07!!! Yay!!!!!

Front Teeth Bracketed 7/25/2006
Back Teeth Banded 7/18/2006
Inspire Ice Uppers/front 8 w/ metal lowers
Treatment time: 19 - 26 mos.