traditional metel Vs "speed braces"

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suetran

traditional metel Vs "speed braces"

#1 Post by suetran »

I need to know what's the differnence between them. Does anyone know? also I heard that speed braces cost more then regular metal braces.
does any know what price are they usually at? TIA

I'm sooo confuse!!! my ortho cost all the same for the ceramics (clear) and the metal. I don't know what to do.
He told me that the speed braces are the newer ones and they're alot tinier then the traditional and they cost about the same as the clear ones.... hum.. iunno...

suetran

#2 Post by suetran »

Hi Linda21
Thankyou for taking the time to reply.
I'm just soo confuse.
I thought there was only one type of metal braces.
so normal braces and speed braces are totally different thing?
gosh I'm soo lost....

Another thing is the price usually cheaper for metal braces?
I asked him that but he said that because traditional metal braces are the cheaper ones. The one I would be getting is the newer metal braces " speed braces" .... I'm just worried I'm getting ripped offf here.. =(