Having Pics taken with metal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amy19

Having Pics taken with metal

#1 Post by Amy19 »

Hi

I had my metal mouth installed a week ago. And yesterday it was my best friends wedding ( i was the maid of honour). I was kind of scared about talking with them in but then it ended up i didn't have to make a speech *phew* :D

When it came to taking the photos the brides mother made a joke (but you could tell she meant it) that i should stand at the back or the photographer would have to use photoshop. This made me really mad! because when you see her teeth there terrible! and that will pick up in the photos prob as much as my braces will! :-+

I was just looking at the photos i took yesterday and you can see my braces :roll: but i don't no if thats because i am focusing on them more at the moment. It just made my blood boil that someone could be sooo rude infront of everyone when she knew i was still self conscious of them!

sorry for the rant!

Amy x

p.s im glad i have no more sores though! :jump:

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hey amy, don't take it to heart. The bride's mother would probably love to have what you're going to end up with - a fabulous smile and great teeth.

I've only ever had one person be rude about my teeth, referring to them (in their prebraced state) as "higgledly piggledly". Well, I'm on my way to a great bite, but her brain will forever be small!

ChangingBraces

#3 Post by ChangingBraces »

Yeah they are just jealous cuz you will end up with perfect teeth!
I like my smile better with braces now; better they focus on the braces than my ugly crooked teeth :D

ghostmyimag3

#4 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Yeah don't worry bout what she said, she's just upset that you look better in braces than she has her whole life without them.
I don't think many people notice, mainly people who have had them in their lifetime tend to notice them more. My husband is a volunteer fireman, and we were at the station earlier and only those who had them noticed. The others openly admitted they had not noticed.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

onny

#5 Post by onny »

"because when you see her teeth there terrible! and that will pick up in the photos prob as much MORE as my braces will!"
That i would have thrown at her head and of course didn't go to the back.

Some ppl act so strange, like if braces were extremely ugly. Ill never get it why. Must be pure enviousness.
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

cowlypso

#6 Post by cowlypso »

She's your best friend. And obviously she didn't have a problem with it. So who cares what anybody else thinks. And if mom really wants "perfect" pictures, then she can pay extra for airbrushing! It was actually looking at my friend's wedding pictures that I decided that I didn't like the way I looked and wanted to get braces finally. But nobody said anything about my teeth during picture time (or any other time...). How rude!