Has anyone hard of 3M clarity aesthetic braces? info please

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suetran

Has anyone hard of 3M clarity aesthetic braces? info please

#1 Post by suetran »

Has anyone heard of those braces? (3m clarity , clear braces)
my ortho says that it won't stain. IS that true?
Does anyone have it ? please some more info please!!! thanks!
also it says that it works like metal braces,but does it work like the self-lig braces?

GOsh I don't know what to do.
I'm in the process of choosing my braces. I haven't decided yet.

allegro

#2 Post by allegro »

Here is a pic of me on the first day of braces--I have the Clarities on my top teeth--just so you can see what they look like on a real person :) They look a little different in reality than how is does on their website.

http://img.makeupalley.com/2/6/4/5/573860.jpeg

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

I had Clarity brackets for almost 3 years and ate all sorts of staining food, including lots of curry.

The brackets themselves do not stain.

The elastic ligatures that are replaced on the brackets at each adjustment DO stain. If you eat a lot of foods which would cause stains, then it's best to avoid the clear or white ligature elastics and go for a color like light blue or silver.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

EKline309

#4 Post by EKline309 »

I'm disapointed, I want to get these brackets, but I called every ortho in town and none of them use them. It was funny too, because when I asked specifically they were all surprised. :roll:

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Ekline, I don't know which ceramic brackets you were offered, but if Ice Inspire featured amongst those available, I've got this brand and they are quite comfortable.