Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bip

#196 Post by bip »

OMG i am SO getting black the next time. It calls to the closet goth in me! :braces_angry:

cowlypso

#197 Post by cowlypso »

This thread is great. I'm horribly nervous about all of this, and haven't even chosen my ortho yet. But I've already decided that I'm just going to jump right in with a color. Probably no alternating for the first time, but I'm thinking maybe blue, purple, or green. I'm almost excited about it. Right now it's just "hurry up and wait" while I schedule initial consults. But this at least makes me a little more excited about the braces themselves, and not just the end result.

thisismethen

#198 Post by thisismethen »

Anyone live in the U.S North Jersey area?

I'm not gonna lie, I like attention, and am lil girl at heart, I'd love to try a color on my braces. I have clear brackets. Everytime I mention it to friends, they talk me out of it saying I am going to look childish and look like a cornball. I'm 22 looking like going on 17 as it is and they say putting color will just make it worse. Especially where I live, I live in the city where image and clothes and style are everything. One of these adjustments I'ma do it! LOL (hopefully not regret it and be stuck for 4-5 weeks, LOL)

alexa

#199 Post by alexa »

Aqua on top, black on bottom. Thought about alternating them, but I ended up not doing that.

Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

alexa

#200 Post by alexa »

THanks Meryaten! :D

onny

#201 Post by onny »

My first color choice, Royal Shining Blue. It actually is a bit darker than on this pic.
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

KDangel18

#202 Post by KDangel18 »

Decided to go with a burgandy/plum color for the holidays :-#)

After 6th adjustment ~11/15/06~

Upper-Ceramic
Lower-Metal
Braced 2/22/06
Removed 5/23/07

PrincessMelody

#203 Post by PrincessMelody »

I am new to the forum. Have had my upper braces on for 3 months and my lower brackets/spacers just got put on the 10th. This my favorite ligature combo (this being after my third adjustment) I have gotten so far, as purple is my favorite color. I've got dark purple and a lighter pinkish/purple.

cowlypso

#204 Post by cowlypso »

Ooooh... I like that grape!

violinist

Re: I finally have images of my braces...

#205 Post by violinist »

ratwmn wrote:URL=http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0503058wq.jpg]Image[/URL]
This was when I first got braced--went with dark pink.
This is what I have now--pink and blue. Not sure what colors I want to do next.
In between these I have had silver, purple, black and orange, red and green, red and pink. It is fun changing colors.

you must have to wear head gear right? I can tell by the tubes in the back of the mouth.

violinist

#206 Post by violinist »

psychic wrote:Blue ligs (first ones):

and now, in my first ajustment, the pale rose:

I would like to try the yellow ligs!
yes yellow would look dazzleing. i'd choose that nd black to have the mouth that resembles a bumble bee.

nico07

Re: Grape Powerchain

#207 Post by nico07 »

KK wrote:My latest trial ... Grape powerchain on my lowers. I love it, coz it's a dark blue purple ... a much richer colour than the pink purples.

My uppers still have purple ligs ... think they're about eight weeks old now ... and survived three weeks of strong staining haldi (tumeric) powder, when I was back in Fiji living in the village! They've looking a bit faded!
The colour on the top is really cool.

And whomever has that aqua smile, cute!

alexa

Re: Grape Powerchain

#208 Post by alexa »

I think it's Alexa with the awesome aqua ligs ... they are very nice! :banana:
Yep, that's me! 8)

I love the aqua color. I've used it (I think) 4 times during treatment, whch is more than I've used any other color. Even after staining/fading, it still looks nice and it's festive. :wink:

Greenidgurl

Silver ligs

#209 Post by Greenidgurl »

Since I am in the military and do not like to draw attention to my braces (being 31 and all), I stick with the silver ligs... it all blends and looks like this:

Emerald

#210 Post by Emerald »

Can damon braces get ligaments?