phase 2 begins....OW!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rockymountaingal

phase 2 begins....OW!!

#1 Post by rockymountaingal »

Well, after exactly 5 months after getting my top braces on, I finally got my bottom braces on. For some reason I thought it would be a pretty easy, painless experience,since I had gotten used to the top ones and forgot what it felt like at first. I feel like Im starting all over again! I finally got used to eating , and now i cant eat. Every bite is painful. (Golly, wont Thanksgiving dinner be fun??? )
I know that in a few weeks(hopefully) Ill be used to them as well, but right now Im just feeling the initial blahs and am really bummed that Im back to NO TOSTITOS!!! :cry:
Top braces June 16 2006
Bottom braces November 16 2006
Estimated time 2 years

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

A lot of us here have taken longer to adjust to lower braces, so you're not alone. But you will get used to them, so not to worry.

Yayme!

#3 Post by Yayme! »

I'm in the exact same situation as you, RMG! I got my lowers 3 days ago, and the pain is just starting to recede. It is way worse than for the uppers.

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

Got my bottoms on Nov. 9. Took about five days to have some comfort. They weren't bad the first ay but then they really let me know they were on.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

I also have the upper braces on for 5 months now and will finally get the bottom archwire attached on December 11. I've had my bottom archwire on and off and finally Dec 11 they will go on! I have found that my lower teeth have been more painful than the top,however the pain does go away and you might be surprised that things have calmed down in time for Thanksgiving! I was in terrible pain for about 10 days when my lower expander was put on recently and I thought this agony would last for months. After a total of 10 days all the discomfort was totally gone. I know that when you're in pain ,there is no advice that will make you feel better except the pain actually going away!
Try taking ibuprofen for a couple of days.

Gennel