Records and spacers are done...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*boom!*

Records and spacers are done...

#1 Post by *boom!* »

I just had my records appt. last Thursday and got my spacers in. The day before Thanksgiving I get the braces (although I think she said the top or the bottoms will be done first?). I have to have four extractions. I would go get it all done right now if I could. I'm not a patient patient. :D I just want to get started so that I can go on with life without thinking about it all, you know?

Anyhow...just thought I'd pop in and post.

*boom!*

#2 Post by *boom!* »

Thanks, kiwi!

I will try to be patient. It's not always easy. I have multiple sclerosis, too, and have been a bit more symptomatic the last few days and I just feel like having everything said and done would help with the stress and anticipation that I hope are contributing to my other symptoms right now.

onny

#3 Post by onny »

Congratz on getting braced soon. Have you asked for alternates of 4 extractions? I hope its the last way out, because there are sometimes better ways which just take slightly more time, saving u 4 total teeth and mouth width!

Kiwi btw: Sometimes only one arch is done for time reason, when the ortho office has more appointments to give out to patients than they really have time. That was the standard explanation at my sisters treatment.
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

*boom!*

#4 Post by *boom!* »

I'm sorry I missed all the well wishes. Thanks so much!

I have a question, though. I was told the spacers would hurt for 3-4 days and they didn't hurt at all for the first few days but now ache pretty heavy when chewing and have for a few days (it's day 8 in them now). Is that pretty normal?