My soon-to-be ortho has bad reviews!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

venusasaboy

#16 Post by venusasaboy »

I know exactly what you mean because I am now 19 and got braces at 17 and it took years to convince my dad to let me get them. My dad made me go to like 15 ortho's before we chose one just to get opinions and pricing. I would tell your parents that you should call the insurance company and get a bunch other referals so they can see all the different treatment plans, the timing of how long you'd have braces, and also other places might even be cheaper which is good for you and them! Definitly tell them that. Because you should always get at least 3 opinions before you choose an orthodontist because they always have different ways of doing things. Some might say you need teeth pulled and others might say you do not. You know what I mean? So despite bad reviews, it's good just to check around anyway since it's a lot of money. Would your parents just pick some random car to buy one day? Haha without checking to see the good and bads of it or if they could get the car somewhere else cheaper? No! So they shouldn't do it with an orthodontist if that makes any sense hehehe :) well good luck with everything but just remember if all else fails, just because the doctor is rude (which does suck) it doesn't mean he doesn't do really good work. Give him a chance!
I'm going to have braces forever :[

Lisa65

#17 Post by Lisa65 »

Just remember, you are "married" to this ortho once you sign the contract until after retention and the "honeymoon" period is short
marrying your ortho.......hmmmmm could be a good way to get a discount! :lol:

starryadora

#18 Post by starryadora »

haha ;)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~