Ever wish your brace showed MORE?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface2005

#16 Post by braceface2005 »

I have metal so mine are definitely noticible. I'm a teacher and my students notice and ask questions about my braces. I have a student whose favorite color is pink. At the beginning of the school year I had pink ligs on. When I changed them to silver she said, "why'd you take your pink off?" I also feel if I pay all this money to correct my teeth why not have them show.

Lisa65

#17 Post by Lisa65 »

I do wish they were more noticeable yes. My friends and work colleagues knew I was getting braces and that it would be costing me a lot of money, but at the moment all the work being done isn't really visible. I only have braces on the bottom arch which hardly shows when I talk or smile, and on the top I have springs and bands but just at the back because my molars are being moved.
i can't wait to actually get braces on the front top teeth, because they are the obviously crooked ones and yet nothing will be done about them for at least another 6 months.

vivi21

#18 Post by vivi21 »

NO i'm sorry but i don't
:(

smile2006

#19 Post by smile2006 »

ellebee-

If you want a color that really stands out on ceramic go with gray ligs or powerchains. For some reason that was suggested to me for a powerchain color the very first time. It made it look like I had metal braces from a distance....very dark. I went back after 3 or 4 days and had them change the powerchains to pearl which from a distance you didn't notice but up close you really did. Now I have the light silver and both up close and from a distance they are not visible.