;

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cmm1280

#16 Post by cmm1280 »

I've only had my braces for a month. I used the manual brush the first few days while my teeth were pretty sensitive (anything hitting the arch wire at that time was pretty tough). After that, it's the electric most of the time. I still use both though. I have always been very happy with my electric and would recommend it to everyone. I have a cybersonic.

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

Dovechild20

#17 Post by Dovechild20 »

I use both. Mostly I use my Oral B triumph electric brush because I love how it cleans and then i use a manual if im away from home or if I wanna give a quick brush between meals.

ChooChooo

#18 Post by ChooChooo »

I also, use both.

maple

#19 Post by maple »

I use the electric oral-b at home and manual on the go. The electric feels nice and I am motiveted to brush longer with it.

Wired1

#20 Post by Wired1 »

Before my surgery/ortho journey, I used only the Sonicare and loved it. After I got my expander and maxillary surgery, I couldn't take the Sonicare... too much metal in my mouth :soremouth:

Since the expander is now gone, I'm brushing manually morning and noon, and Sonicare at night. It seems to upset the cat who sits next to my sink while I brush...!
Class 2, Division 2
Expander 10/05-8/06
SARPE 11/05
Metal self ligating braces installed 11/05