Loose Molar Bands

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tamms

Loose Molar Bands

#1 Post by Tamms »

OK, first of all I want to thank everyone for their great advice earlier on my tooth pain! I feel 100% better! I'm even almost eating regular foods now.

But, one of my molar bands has come loose and can slip off. So, I'm off to the ortho in the morning. :(

Anyway, i'm wondering if you all have had problems with the bands loosening? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe it's just normal.

Anyway, thanks again for the great advice earlier!
Tammy :)

Tamms

#2 Post by Tamms »

Just a little update. I got the bands fixed and the ortho put another band on that he had spacers in for. So, it's on to the Nance next! The staff is starting to remember me from time to time so that's kinda cool too!
Anyway, just thought I'd update y'all!

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

Nice to see another member of the Nance club, Tamms. When is it being put in?
I'm glad your ortho was able to reattach your molar band. The staff at my ortho's also greet me by name when I go. I'm not sure whether they actually remember me or perhaps they just check their computer screen as I walk in the door, but it's nice to feel that personal touch.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Lisa :D

KJM

#4 Post by KJM »

Glad that you got that fixed Tammy. I have had a molar band come loose once too, I dont think that its something that you "did" it just happens. :)

Thats great that your starting to feel better also! How are the new molar bands feeling tonight?
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Tamms

#5 Post by Tamms »

Kim,
My mouth is sore tonight. Not really from the bands but I had to talk a lot at work today and my tongue is sore and my teeth have shifted a bit due to the spacers and are just sore and sensitive. I have one tooth that is hard to bite on as it's gotten extra sensitive. Hope it's nothing serious! I was eating primarly with that tooth before so I hope that's all it is. I'll be waxing up good before bed tonight to let my mouth get a little rest from these things.
Thanks for asking!

Tamms

#6 Post by Tamms »

Hey Lisa! My nance goes in on December 11th. It will have a bite plate attached too... so double stuff to get used to! :shock:
I already lisp some with the bands in so I can't imagine what it will be like with the nance! Yikes! :)