Ortho or Ortho Assistant

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

finally

Ortho or Ortho Assistant

#1 Post by finally »

I have a question. Does the orthodontist actually see you at all of your ortho visits or an ortho assistant? The ortho actually consulted with me for a few minutes but the assistant did all the work with putting in the brackets and wires and cement and stuff.

Is that normal or am I being stupid? I'm so paranoid about something going wrong.

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

When you are in treatment, usually the ortho tells the assistant what to do, and she/he does it. Then the ortho should come over to take a look and talk to you before you leave.

This is very common. Sometimes the ortho does all the work, but in very busy offices (which is many of them) the assistants do a lot of the work.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Henna_the_braceface

#3 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

students work on me most of the time.. because i have 2 orthos. my old one left and now its just 2 that share the time out.