Questionn...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Questionn...

#1 Post by newmetal »

I currently have a spring which is trying to make space for a wayward tooth. Ive had the spring for about a month now and it has made space for the tooth, but on one side the side of the tooth is still slightly behind the dominant crowded tooth..Do you catch my drift? I just want to know when will they attatch that appliance to the archwire to start bringing the wayward tooth to the surface> Does there have to be clear space for the tooth to come through?? Anyone who has had this your opinions would be good. Sorry if this post in confusing.

Newmetal

pippy

#2 Post by pippy »

Hi Newmetal. With my bottom lateral they waited until the springs had pushed a clear space for the tooth to come through before attaching the wire (hmm now for the first time in my life I have a gap in my teeth :shock: ). With the top lateral, about a quarter of it was hiding behind my front tooth...so it looked kinda like the bracket on it was right next to my front tooth. I wondered what he was going to do with it coz the gap wasn't goiing to drag it out from behind!! He attached it at the same time as the bottom one even though the springs hadn't made really enough room....and in the last 5 weeks the archwire itself has dragged it out from behind...I have no idea how. but it has :) Its a bit more pressure than normal but seems to work pretty quickly. Hope that helps.

newmetal

#3 Post by newmetal »

Thanks for the responses. I hope they start trying to bring the wayward tooth to the front on my next adjustment....cant stand the wayward tooth. Once a device is attatched does it take long to bring the wayward one in line with the rest of the teeth??

Once again thanks for the responses, they are really helpful.

Newmetal

acd

#4 Post by acd »

My ortho put in a spring and tied my wayward upper lateral when I first got my braces three weeks ago. Since then the ceramic bracket come off that tooth twice and he replaced it with a metal band. Right now the bracket is being pulled into the back of my canine tooth because there isn't enough room for it to come forward yet. I haven't felt too much discomfort so as far as I'm concerned he should have put on a stronger spring. The main reason why I got braces is to move this tooth forward so it can't happen too soon.

SDFD TSchott

#5 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Know this is someone elses thread about a quesiton so instead of repeating this I was just curious, why is it that my braces hardly show up in pictures but my cousins stands out!

SDFD TSchott

Shes got blue ligs I have red

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

joney

#6 Post by joney »

Hi newmetal

My daughter who is 13 and has a brace had a spring for 6 weeks which moved the teeth apart to make room for her wayward incisor. She then had the incisor hooked up to the brace and it moved into place within days! She is delighted with her new arch. So in her case in moved really quickly into place. Of course everyone is different and maybe teeth move quicker into place in a 13 year old. I hope your tooth moves into place soon.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)