Christmas Colors

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeadgearJoe

Christmas Colors

#1 Post by HeadgearJoe »

well yesterday was another adjustment , i didn't get my lower expander because the orthodontist wasn't in office due to an emergancy, so i just got powerchains upper an lower replaced , an yes green an red ties over the tops of the powerchain , they are great, ANYBODY ELSE ,( hgjoe )
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

That's great!

My last adjustment was last week... and I really considered getting red or green ligs but of course I chickened out. I can't do it! I'm almost a year into my braces and all I've worn are white ligs...I'm too self-conscious I guess!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

tiggrr2001

#3 Post by tiggrr2001 »

I had my first adjustment today and I got red and metallic green ligs. I think they look alot better than the black/orange for Halloween.

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

The only reason I didn't ask for red/green ligs is because I will be taking family portraits and it might not look so nice in a portrait :) I just chose my first color ligs Light Pink

Gennel

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Uhhhh.....haven't really thought about this. Having taken several months to pluck up the courage to go with mauve, I think I may just stick with that. On the other hand, there were lots of colours in the box....

Anyone going with coloured elastics? Ha ha!!

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Meryaten wrote:
Anyone going with coloured elastics? Ha ha!!
I was crushed that I did not get glow in the dark elastics! :lol:
Yes!!!!

ishasha

#7 Post by ishasha »

That's the spirit!

For my first time, I didn't know about choosing color so the assistant chose silver for me. One week later, in an emergency appointment, I got to change the wire and lig, I chose pink. :D Then one month after, I got green! I'm ready for the holidays. :D Actually, I just took a picture yesterday for my driver's license, and I did a big smile hoping it'll show. But since the picture is too small, it doesn't look apparent unless you search for it.

Looking back, I don't think I'm gonna return to silver anymore. This is really a good chance to try all kinds of colors, why sticking to the silver? Try something fun! :D
Last edited by ishasha on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

HeadgearJoe

#8 Post by HeadgearJoe »

i got color as soon as i could when i switched to metal braces at this ortho , colors are great, i'll take pictures as i always do BUTTTT i have never been able to get them to post here at archwire i'm just a( puttter dummy)i can down load them but for some reason can't get them here , everyone have a great turkey day an GOD BLESS, headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

HeadgearJoe

#9 Post by HeadgearJoe »

yea i'm 49 now , an i think my orthodontist would think i was sick if i went with just plain gray, he use to not have colored elastics (rubberbands)till i ask for them now he has many colors, someone had seen a person with a green facebow to there headgear , i don't think i'm quite that ready for color , but i'm realy into blues , (headgearjoe)(+=+=+=+=+=+=+) all a board

24KSmile

#10 Post by 24KSmile »

Good for you, Bracedagain! I'm in your 50+ club and went with GOLD brackets to start & now I'm using coloured ligatures. When I go for an adjustment, I wear something to match the next colour I'm choosing. Right now I've got green & will do RED for Christmas.

Yes, we need to have fun with this adventure!!

Zondrae

#11 Post by Zondrae »

yeah my ortho thinks its funny I get colours too. And I've only had bubblegum pink & now this time lavender. I might try the red/green combo for Christmas - it sounds like fun!

windsbud

#12 Post by windsbud »

I am also in the over 50 group, and my ortho hasn't mentioned colored ligs...but you can bet on my next adjustment I will!!!

ellebee

#13 Post by ellebee »

I'm also close to 50. And I'm going to ask for colored ligs instead of neo-clips on 12/4. I'm not bold enough to get red and green (plus Xmas isn't really my holiday). I'm thinking about pink and blue, upper and lower (maybe).

Who know, by Valentine's Day I may be asking for rose red.

So it goes.

Elle
Spacers, Nov. 1; Braced Nov. 8, 2006; Braces off March 26, 2008, just short of 17 months. Glad it's over but the jury is still out on whether the game was worth the candle.

HeadgearJoe

#14 Post by HeadgearJoe »

yea , just have to have fun , hgjoe

lionfish

#15 Post by lionfish »

bracedagain wrote:
Any other of the "older" group getting colors too? Image
OK, I'll take the bait.

Like ellebee, I don't really do Xmas (other than the eating side, which I do with a vengeance).

I'm so taken with mauve - not even the most potently coloured curry can dent the colour - that I'm going to stick with that for the time being.