Bottoms went on today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laieniel

#16 Post by Laieniel »

Took me a while to reply sorry.

My bottoms are doing much better. I had forgotten to mention that I had IPR done to the front bottom six it was a piece a cake. No more pain really just hoping that I can learn how to chew with my mouth closed again lol as having both arches braced now my mouth feels really full.

Onny I had my top ones put on first becaus I have a "deep bite" which meant I would have bitten off my bottom brackets. So the ortho wanted to widen up the top arch first to allow a little more clearance for the bottoms.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Laieniel

#17 Post by Laieniel »

Took me a while to reply sorry.

My bottoms are doing much better. I had forgotten to mention that I had IPR done to the front bottom six it was a piece a cake. No more pain really just hoping that I can learn how to chew with my mouth closed again lol as having both arches braced now my mouth feels really full.

Onny I had my top ones put on first becaus I have a "deep bite" which meant I would have bitten off my bottom brackets. So the ortho wanted to widen up the top arch first to allow a little more clearance for the bottoms.

Hope everyone's doing well!

spideywoman

#18 Post by spideywoman »

My lowers go on Wednesday!!

Salt water rinses, soup and Advil~ here I come!!!!!!!!

spideywoman

#19 Post by spideywoman »

:lol:

Thanks for the the "good luck" wishes!

I am as excited now as I was when I began this journey 2 months ago... When they go on, I will get to watch that first~month movement all over again. It is SO amazing how things can progress so quickly.

Oh~ I also have the choice between speed and 3m minitwin brackets. The ortho said she likes and has had more success with the second kind~ so I am leaning more towards the 2nd choice. I know this has probably been discussed elsewhere, but I am on my hiptop now~ limited search browser... Any thoughts??

spideywoman

#20 Post by spideywoman »

:lol:

I got them!!! I am thrilled, but was a little surprized at how sparkly the metal is... I suppose having ceramic on top for 2 months, i did not realize how noticeable the metal would be.

I love them though, and have not had any pain at all... and PURPLE elastics. Yahoooo!

Sorry, I may be going on and on, Off-topic perhaps, but I am thrilled that i now have both arches braced and it is full-steam ahead