I'm confused! ? from a newb.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChooChooo

I'm confused! ? from a newb.

#1 Post by ChooChooo »

OK. What makes the 6 month braces treatment time so short? I read the article about it and it seems that they are doing pretty much the same things as for any other type of braces, even space between adjustments is the same (like every 5-6 weeks). It seems like the same thing as my Damon 2 braces but the assistant at my ortho says that Dr. H doesn't do 'high speed' braces.
So really, what is the difference?
Oh and what is the difference between Damon 2 and Damon 3?

SDFD TSchott

Re: I'm confused! ? from a newb.

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

ChooChooo wrote:OK. What makes the 6 month braces treatment time so short? I read the article about it and it seems that they are doing pretty much the same things as for any other type of braces, even space between adjustments is the same (like every 5-6 weeks). It seems like the same thing as my Damon 2 braces but the assistant at my ortho says that Dr. H doesn't do 'high speed' braces.
So really, what is the difference?
Oh and what is the difference between Damon 2 and Damon 3?
Self Ligating Braces are braces with brackets that do not need ligatures (the small bands that hold the wire in place). You may also hear them referred to as "speed braces". Rather than using ligatures or metal ties, the brackets themselves have a sort of trap door that holds the arch wire in place. According to manufacturers this creates less friction between the wire and the bracket.

Damon 2 braces are stainless steel and colours are not usually incorporated.

Damon 3 braces have a clear component which makes the appliance less conspicuous.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

:oops: Wrong search I just typed something in please ignore my post :(

SDFD TSchott

PS: Kiwi was right with the answer I looked at speed braces not 6-month braces!

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

ChooChooo

#4 Post by ChooChooo »

^ that is eactly what I wanted! I don't have any bite issues. I wanted braces purely for vanity"s sake. I have mild spacing issues on the top and a bit of crowding on the bottom. But I think my orthodontist is a perfectionist and that is why my treatment plan is for ~12 mos.