Is it normal for your teeth to not hurt?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

giggy18

Is it normal for your teeth to not hurt?

#1 Post by giggy18 »

I got my braces on last Monday. Currently the wire is on the bottom teeth, and in 3 weeks I'll go to get 1 tooth at the top removed, and then the wire will go on the top.

My bottom teeth feel a little loose, but I have read that it's not abnormal. But my teeth don't hurt like others have said in this forum, or like what they say in the Orthodontist office. Mine is just a dull pain that's always there but it's not like I need to take painkiller or anything.

Is this normal? Is the fact that they don't hurt a lot just because I haven't got both top and bottom wires yet?

Would appreciate all comments/responses. Thank you.

ghostmyimag3

#2 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I only had a ache for 3 days after having both uppers and lowers put on. So i would say sure that is normal.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Natasha_26

#3 Post by Natasha_26 »

Its normal I think. When I first had braces which was a year ago, I didnt feel anything. There was no need for pain killers but after a few months, my teeth started hurting after adjustments ( could be due to thicker wires).

You might not feel anything right now but it would hurt later.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Quite normal. 99% of the time my teeth do not hurt. And they've shifted plenty.

giggy18

#5 Post by giggy18 »

Natasha_26 wrote:Its normal I think. When I first had braces which was a year ago, I didnt feel anything. There was no need for pain killers but after a few months, my teeth started hurting after adjustments ( could be due to thicker wires).

You might not feel anything right now but it would hurt later.
Uh oh!!! Sounds like I should enjoy the good time as long as it lasts... :D

Thanks so much for your replies. Oh I'm sure mine will hurt like bloody hell in a few weeks...

Natasha_26

#6 Post by Natasha_26 »

Just becoz I had pain doesnt mean that you will get it later on too. Hope that you dont..unfortunately I am not as lucky as others. I am 6 months pregnant which makes my teeth and gums extra sensitive and adding to that, I am not allowed to take any pain killers due to the fear of harming the unborn baby.

All the best.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

giggy18

#7 Post by giggy18 »

Natasha_26 wrote:I am 6 months pregnant which makes my teeth and gums extra sensitive and adding to that, I am not allowed to take any pain killers due to the fear of harming the unborn baby.
Your gum and teeth getting much more sensitive might be one of the reasons why your teeth hurt so much from the adjustments. So sorry :(

My pain tolerance is pretty high, so hopefully it'll be OK. Thank you for your insights.

Sweet L

#8 Post by Sweet L »

Thanks for bringing this topic giggy18!

I have my upper braces since 2 weeks ago, but I'm not having any pain at all... I felt some discomfort last week in my incisors, when I was brushing them, but now, I don't even feel tender my molars... I was starting to wonder if all this was normal :oops: .... because I know they have moved, they don't fit in the same way with my lowers... but I'm biting with no pain (with molars, incisors are feeling kind of loose for biting down, so I avoid it :wink: )

:-88 Here's to all of us having an (almost)pain-free journey :-88

:thumbsup: