Ortho insurance question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

finally

Ortho insurance question

#1 Post by finally »

I suppose I could call my ortho but I'm enjoying talking to everyone on here.

Does the cost of braces include all these springs and other things I hear about? I have two cuspids that are in the roof of my mouth because the baby teeth never came out. If the ortho needs to spring it or whatever does that incur addtl costs?

Broke and braced all at once,
C

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

From what I understand so far about orthodontic treatment is that everything is added up at the very beginning and then you will get an idea of how much the whole treatment will cost you including the braces, the time, and the retainers.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

finally

#3 Post by finally »

Sweeeet. Thanks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2 Corinthians 4:17

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle." -Plato

dcw

#4 Post by dcw »

Consider yourself lucky if your insurance covers it, mine pays for my kids, but not for adults

[c] DISCIMINATION[/c]

*boom!*

#5 Post by *boom!* »

Mine doesn't either but it is nice to know how much you will be paying for the entire process regardless.

finally

#6 Post by finally »

[align=center]My insurance pays $1000 so my portion is $2954 that I'm paying $123 for 24 months. Not bad, I thought.

Also, I got a 2nd job (I know I'm crazy) and I will have insurance there too. Had I known I would've waited because I think most orthos will accept both plans at the same time. oh neat is that.
[/align]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2 Corinthians 4:17

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle." -Plato

SDFD TSchott

#7 Post by SDFD TSchott »

dcw wrote:Consider yourself lucky if your insurance covers it, mine pays for my kids, but not for adults

[c] DISCIMINATION[/c]
My insurance will begin paying for adult ortho January 1, 2007

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Kodius Champion

#8 Post by Kodius Champion »

Consider yourself lucky if your insurance covers it, mine pays for my kids, but not for adults

DISCIMINATION
:x I hear ya!! :evil:

ghostmyimag3

#9 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

If i was 19 the insurance i have would pay for it, but since i by passed that age 11 yrs ago its not happening. However, mine includes anything and everything that he projected he would have to do.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Tin Indian

#10 Post by Tin Indian »

My insurance doesn't kick in a dime , but my wife's covers $1500 for either children or adults. Then its just $3500 I have to pay.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

redsfn77

My treatment..

#11 Post by redsfn77 »

My ortho gave me a number and told me it was for everything. By everything, he meant everything related to my braces. So wires, appointments, etc. I was told I have great insurance and I am starting to believe it. My insurance paid $2000 off my treatment so it turned out to be like 55-45, me. I can't complain. Every other insurance I ever had didn't cover it. Best bet is to get a summary of benefits and see if it covers. Best to go straight to your insurance as opposed to talking to the ortho. Good luck, insurance is a pain in the butt.
[/url]

[/url]

hd2755

#12 Post by hd2755 »

well as far as i am concerned as of 1-1-07 my employer home depot will be covering 2000 of braces so with 500 down i will have approx 2000-2500 left to pay. i am getting braces on 1-2-07 eeks..

Dadio

#13 Post by Dadio »

First, I haven't posted in a long time, but have been checking in when I can.

On insurance, a couple of things we've learned is my wife's dental plan would cover my daughter and I each for $1500 of the ortho's treatment plan that includes everything. Nice, so we jump in late 2005. Earlier this year, my wife is laid off. She gets a new job and they use the same insurance carrier as the other job had. We check and check and are told, yes, ortho covered, pop for the premium dental plan. We do that at election time, but find out when the paperwork is actually filed that it's now considered a preexisting condition and no coverage is offered. After calls and so on, no go, no coverage, but we figure it's cheaper to just pay the remainder out of pocket than try to find a plan that covers it.

Also, carefully check age limits. A former client of mine used to have all age ortho coverage, but a couple of years ago, put an 18 year old cap on it.

Dadio.