Extractions tomorrow...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*boom!*

Extractions tomorrow...

#1 Post by *boom!* »

Well I'm getting four teeth pulled tomorrow. I don't feel really apprehensive about it right now. I have jello, applesauce and cottage cheese for tomorrow, plenty of soups and such for the next few days and instructions for my five year old to "be careful with mommy tomorrow".

Anything else I need to know?

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

I don't have a clue, just wanted to wish you good luck and quick healing!

*boom!*

#3 Post by *boom!* »

Delag wrote:I don't have a clue, just wanted to wish you good luck and quick healing!
Thanks!

science teacher

extractions

#4 Post by science teacher »

Try not to sneeze for 24 hours. It might dislodge the clots.

Keep lots of gauze handy incase they ooze. blood tastes nasty.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

*boom!*

#5 Post by *boom!* »

Sneezing might be a problem but I'll do my best. I almost always sneeze the day after I give my injection (Betaseron for MS) and it was shot night tonight.

*boom!*

#6 Post by *boom!* »

It all went fine. The worst part was the numbing. I may be a sicko, but I found the extraction process of the top two teeth to be kind of interesting. They pulled the two on top and the two on the bottom directly below those.

He told me to start with Advil and if that doesn't help he gave me a prescription for Motrin.

I really, really, really want to take a nap but will wait 1/2 hour or an hour until the bleeding slows down a bit. I nearly amused myself when I looked in the mirror after I got home, reminding myself of the stereotypical vampire picture with blood running down both sides of my mouth...quite pretty I must say. Yikes!

ghostmyimag3

#7 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Glad to hear it went well for you. I would have had to have nitrous. I have an anxiety problem when i know i have to go to the dentist for fillings or anything not related to my braces.
It started after i got my wisdom teeth cut out almost 7 yrs ago. Since that my nerves apparently aren't cooperative or they moved. Novacaine doesn't touch my tooth nerves.Septacaine is the only thing they can use and the minute it starts wearing off i have really bad pain in my mouth until it wears off.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

spideywoman

#8 Post by spideywoman »

Hi BOOM

Wow, just remember to rest rest rest!

I really loved the salt water rinses after my extractions. Warm (not too hot) water and salt really soothed everything, and took away the nasty taste of blood.

No vigorous swooshing though! Protect those blood clots at all cost. After my 4 extractions I went and got a really bad case of allergies and kept sneezing. Just try to sneeze with your mouth open~ no pressure... (Pun intended)

Get lots of rest and have your baby bring mommy ice cream. It will be over soon..

:0)

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm glad it went well, although I'm sure I couldn't have been as "cool" as you about it!
Hope you are managing to get a nap and that the bleeding has slowed down now.

If by any chance you're a smoker, they recommend you don't smoke for a few days while the sockets heal, because there's a greater risk of dry socket if you do.

Take care!
Lisa

valster

#10 Post by valster »

Glad all's fine! I'm getting four out tomorrow. Arg.