Dating an ortho's assistant

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spideywoman

#16 Post by spideywoman »

Hey Traffic,

What was the result?

Did you go for it?

We are waiting for your news...

Traffic

#17 Post by Traffic »

So I went back today. I only saw her for a second, in that second she told me she wish I didn't show up (with a grin), then she went to help another patient. That was the last time I saw her because she left right afterwards.

Not willing to let things go I talked to the receptionist as she was leaving (I'm always the last appointment on Friday.) She seemed excited that I asked and at first said that she was single, and then said that she is actually seeing someone but he's moving to Florida. I asked the receptionist if she'd help me out and she said definitely and she would call me next week and let me know what's up.

I'm not going to get my hopes up but it's a step in the right direction.

On top of that I'm getting my braces taken off next Friday. My ortho was pretty excited because it's been about 19 months and everything has fallen into place very well.

So now I'll just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for all the input, I'll let you know how things go. :D

broochie

#18 Post by broochie »

Great news, Traffic!

Maybe in a few weeks/months, we'll hear that your date with her turned out just like Lynn's friend's story...
Wish you the best ! :-)o

Caroline

#19 Post by Caroline »

Sounds fab to me Traffic :thumbsup: Good luck with everything, and congrats on going naked!!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

lillibut

#20 Post by lillibut »

Thats ace!! Naked and hopefully with the added bonus of a date!!

Good luck x

Traffic

#21 Post by Traffic »

So on Thursday the receptionist called me and confirmed my appointment for Friday. After confriming I said, "so what's up?" and she said that she had talked to Jenn and that she was not interested, but that she was just being shy and they were working on her for me. So I said cool and went on about my day.

On Friday I went in to get my braces removed. It went perfectly :jump:. My teeth look sooooo awesome. Jenn then made a mold of my teeth for the retainer and said to come back at the end of the day and the retainer would be ready (my ortho is fast). I told her that this may be one of the last times we see each other and she said "Thank God." I then asked if we'd hang out afterwards and she said "We'll see."

So I came back at the end of the day to get my retainer on. It's clear plastic and it looks great. After getting the instructions from my ortho on how to wear it and clean it, he sent Jenn back in to set up an appointment for my first retainer check up, in Dec. As she was writing up my appointment info I gave her the sheet of paper with my retainer instructions on it and asked her to write her phone number on the back. She did and said she was going away this weekend but would be back next week.:D

So, all in all yesterday was a great day. I've had a big smile on my face and it looks damn good.

I'll post up on whether this works out. Hopefully it will.

Jillianleab

#22 Post by Jillianleab »

Sounds like you just had a good day all around!

Fantastic!

Good luck......
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Eleni

#23 Post by Eleni »

Traffic - just know that you ROCK for taking the chance and getting the digits. :thumbsup: I hope it works out.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

tin_grin

#24 Post by tin_grin »

I'm dying to know how it's going with Jenn and Traffic!

(By the way, congrats on getting debraced!) :-D

Anne
Braced: July 19, 2006
Estimated tx time: 18 - 24 months

jdub

#25 Post by jdub »

Kinda late to the story, but good luck Traffic. Way to take the chance!!

JDub