How long does it take for the upper front teeth to move?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braced4braces

How long does it take for the upper front teeth to move?

#1 Post by Braced4braces »

HI! I was just wondering. How long would it take for me to see effects the of braces on my upper two front teeth? They are jutting out and I was wondering how long after putting on braces, would I see them moving "backwards".

ngbraces

#2 Post by ngbraces »

Braced4braces, I got full metal mouth around 6 weeks ago. Some of my teeth need to move forward, not backward as yours, but just let you know about their movement so you have some idea. I have 2 upper lateral inciscors inward. One is so far back and half hidden another tooth that it can't have the wire on yet. I already had a premolar extracted. In a few weeks, I'm going to have a spring to create a space for that inward tooth :crazy: . The other was about 1mm backward compared with the 2 teeth next to it. It got bracket and wire on the first day and almost moved in line already. One of my lower lateral incissor was 45 degrees to the arch. It was already rotated completely in line :thumbsup: . I read from some post that the upper teeth move faster than the lower. Hope it helps :computer: .

LadyTr0uble

#3 Post by LadyTr0uble »

I'm a newbie to braces too (it's been 2 weeks and 3 days). To give you an idea of how fast teeth move (it's scary how fast they move), there is a noticeable difference in the gap in my front teeth, and they look straighter (it's not my imagination: the BF noticed and commented when he saw me when I came back from vacation). My ortho had to extract one of an incisor because 1-I'm extremely crowded on the bottom and 2-I am missing an incisor on top.

spimpy

#4 Post by spimpy »

sorry...
Last edited by spimpy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spimpy

#5 Post by spimpy »

Although it is different in every case, it really didn't take long before I saw some MAJOR improvement.
I didn't believe my dentist when she said that the first teeth to move are the front ones...but boy was she right!!!!

I've been braced for 8 months now and my top teeth look FANTASTIC! Eventhough my spaces need to fill-in on my bottom (had extractions) I don't mind smiling anymore...
Before my teeth were all over the place...

It's such a good feeling when you know you have a great smile! Image

ghostmyimag3

#6 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I may have had movement before my 11 day picture i took, but I have taken two sets in 4 weeks and people are noticing my teeth improving.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

simplywired

#7 Post by simplywired »

Hi - my top teeth were relatively straight but I have a narrow arch that needs widening - I noticed movement in the front four in the first 4 weeks. My bottom teeth were very crowded and the most crooked incisor stuck out in front of the arch at a strange angle and it got back into line in about 6 weeks - HOWEVER, I have one that just slightly overlaps another tooth in the bottom arch and that incisor is taking its own sweet time and has hardly moved at all (I've been braces about 3-1/2 months)! Go figure. Each person is different and apparently each tooth :D