Hello!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Thumbellina

Hello!

#1 Post by Thumbellina »

Hi :D ,

I found this site today and I have to say it is the best ever!! I, at the grand old age of 23, have decided that hating my teeth is not something I want to deal with anymore :wink: so last February I put myself on the waiting list for an appointment to see a recommended orthodontist.

I finally had an appointment in October, and I am getting my spacers on Friday and braces a week later. ARGH!! :shock: I am so excited and scared but you guys have helped me so much with all my questions!

Pics to come!

Thumbellina

#2 Post by Thumbellina »

Yeah this guy is the best so a six-month wait is normal apparently. Gives you time to get used to it... and save I guess - no insurance money paying for me! :shock:

Aquagirl910

#3 Post by Aquagirl910 »

Whoo congratulations and good luck with those spacers!

Thumbellina

#4 Post by Thumbellina »

Ok, here are some pics... if this works, I am not very computer savvy so any help is appreciated :oops:

You guys may not think they are so bad but I think they are hideous... especially up close! :FeelSick:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... /Upper.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... /Smile.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... 09/All.jpg

There is a story behind my teeth (as with everyone) where the big one next to my front tooth (haven't really got the old lingo down yet :D ) is a canine. I still have my baby canine so my canine decided to go into the spot where my other incisor ( :?: is that right?) should have gone. But I don't have another incisor... lucky me :dance: I don't have an impacted incisor, I just didn't make it! The reason it doesn't really look like a canine is because a dentist I had when I was younger thought it would look ok if they just built it up. Not such a fabbo job though :evil:

I do have to get all my wisdom's out though - the 1st is fully through, the 2nd is half through, the 3rd is impacted and lying horizontally ( :shock: OMG!) and the 4th is non-existant - guess I was too lazy to make that one too! :wink:

I always wanted braces but my sister got them (fair enough as she had a tooth growing through the roof of her mouth! :yikes: ) but now I am old enough to have enough money to pay for them I am going for it! :jump: Pain or no pain!! :twisted: