Newbie Here and 1 month progress Damon3 pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fancycat

Newbie Here and 1 month progress Damon3 pics

#1 Post by fancycat »

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I have been lurking here since before getting my braces. Thanks to all of you for helping me along the way. I finally picked my ortho after 4 consults armed with everything I learned here.

My rundown...Narrow arches top and bottom/moderate crowding/overbite 10% and overjet 5-6mm.
Treatment- No extractions Damon 3's half clear social 6 and 3MX all metal everywhere else. Sentence 12-18 months.

I am 37 years old and so excited to finally get this done. Things have been going great so far. I only had minimal pain the first couple of days and I think I see improvement already! I am attaching pics from day one including a pic from the ortho (upper arch) that makes my teeth look yellow yuck. Seeing all of your pics really inspired me so even though it's embarrassing her goes :D

Oh and those white things on my cuspids are bite turbos.
My back teeth don't touch so eating is a real pain.

Smile day one
After 1 month
Nasty pic from ortho
I think my arch is widening!
Here is the mess on my bottom arch
And now (excuse my super sparkle lip gloss)
Here is the overjet
I really think I see something happening with that too

ghostmyimag3

#2 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I have that same problem with a tooth on my lowers. It stuck out. I have pictures on my livejournal (link at the bottom) with pictures of what's been going on in the past 4 weeks. But yours looks great to me, Im jealous!
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Jillianleab

#3 Post by Jillianleab »

Wow - what great progress in such a short amount of time! You must be thrilled! Congrats!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

They look great....you can definately notice a difference between you pics.

fancycat

#5 Post by fancycat »

Ghostmyimag3, I have no idea how there is going to be room for that tooth to get in line with the others. The tooth next to it has really been sore the last day or so maybe something is happening with it. I took a peek at your pics and I see a difference on your lowers, they are on the move.

Meryaten, yes those are bite turbos and right now the worst thing about having braces. Something has changed with my bite because one of my lower teeth slams into the right one when I talk lately. Hope they come out soon. My first adjustment isn't until Jan.

Thank you for the kind comments :D

Delag

#6 Post by Delag »

Wow - wish I had that type of movement going on in my first month! The arch looks fantistic.

simplywired

#7 Post by simplywired »

The difference in your arch is amazing - also your sparkle lipstick looks look fun :!: Great way to show off your great progress.

KittyW

#8 Post by KittyW »

Wow, great progress! Damons absolutely ROCK! You're on your way to a gorgeous smile (it looks beautiful already!) :D

Kitty
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

Eleni

#9 Post by Eleni »

Congratulations on progress! Your smile is fantastic now, I can't even imagine how amazing it will be when the braces are off. Ohhh, and what lip gloss/color is that? It's so sparkly.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

fancycat

#10 Post by fancycat »

I LOVE this lipgloss it makes my braces look like jewelry! It's made by Bourjois and is called Effet 3D High Shine. The color I am wearing is Blanc Prismatic 21. I picked it up at Sephora and I think Ulta carries it too. You can also get it online.

At first I thought I would be self concious in braces and want to hide my smile, but it's really been just the opposite. I feel good about doing something positive for myself and I am going to have fun with it including wearing flashy gloss!

bunnyfluff

#11 Post by bunnyfluff »

It's amazing how much progress can be done with braces in a short amount of time. Too bad that's not indicative of the entire treatment, haha. They look great though, and your teeth are going to be awesome!