Question to all the elastic wearers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#16 Post by lionfish »

[KR]Cube wrote:Wow, am I glad I found this forum! And I'm so darn glad to have read that having elastics put on usually means that you're nearing your time with fixed braces :D
I'm having elastics put on tomorrow, and I'm kinda worried... do they hurt? I'm sure they'll be a bit uncomfortable with the all pulling/tugging they do, is it just like getting your wires tightened? I think I'm more nervous about this than anything! :( :shock:
Cube~
I got mine 6 months in, and some people get them on day 1. I was also pretty nervous about elastics, so what you're feeling is pretty normal.

They've worked a treat for me, hope they do the same for you. They take a bit of getting used to, but on the whole I've not found them to hurt. They certainly do not keep me awake at night.

Good luck for your appointment today.

DizzyKitty

#17 Post by DizzyKitty »

I had them about 6 months in to pull down a wayward canine then they were pulling the top down because I was flaring out...those were the canine to canine ones.

I then had the top canine to back bottom molar on one side to correct my midline for a couple months then I was set free.

I don't know if I will have them again but they didn't bother me much.
- Dizzy

[KR]Cube

#18 Post by [KR]Cube »

lionfish wrote:
I got mine 6 months in, and some people get them on day 1. I was also pretty nervous about elastics, so what you're feeling is pretty normal.

They've worked a treat for me, hope they do the same for you. They take a bit of getting used to, but on the whole I've not found them to hurt. They certainly do not keep me awake at night.

Good luck for your appointment today.
Thank you so much! *huggle* :D
I'm feeling a bit better about them today, I think I've just built them up in my mind to be such terrible things. I've had my braces on for near enough 7 months now, and according to my ortho, as my teeth have responded so well, I should be totally finished with my treatment around April or May :)
Again, thank you ^___^
[KR]

Gennel

#19 Post by Gennel »

I got elastics immediately into treatment. The elastics didn't work for me so they used an expander now. I will get elastics later on to fine tune my bite.

Gennel