anyone regret putting color ligs at our age?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

#16 Post by Betty Bat »

I think that colored ligs are more a matter of personality than of age. I'd classify them with hair color, piercings, tattoos, clothing, ... I've never had colored ligs and never had a desire to get them. But then, I'm 54, never colored my hair, have a single piercing in my ears and nowhere else, never had a tattoo, and dress very conservatively. I'm always amazed at the discussions about colored ligs!

Delag

#17 Post by Delag »

jaswi wrote:As a guy, I think it would be cute. The fact that you say you are baby faced, and look young anyhow, is really cute in a girl. Whenever I'm in clubs, I always tend to find myself going for the cuter and younger looking girls, over the 'hot' type.. Just a thought.
Where were you when I was young, club hopping, and being passed over for all those hot girls? :lol: Probably in pre-school :roll:

bracedgrill

#18 Post by bracedgrill »

Thanks for all your replies! My adjustment is this Thurs the 7th. I think I am going to do it, and if I am I will be going all out with the hot pink! LOL Hopefully I won't chicken out when the day comes, I will keep you all posted!

Pirate Wench

#19 Post by Pirate Wench »

Don't chicken out......I am 31 years old and I just got color on my teeth for the first time on Nov 23rd. It is fantastic.....I got a dark blue power chain across my top front 4 teeth. I have the type of braces that don't use ligs so I didn't have the option of color to this point. I didn't think I wanted any color either. I didn't want to bring attention to my teeth, but then I realized that having color was just another way to make having braces fun!

I have another appointment on the 22nd of Dec and if they still want me to have a power chain then I think I will do RED.

Enjoy having color.....it spices things up!

ame_malia

#20 Post by ame_malia »

I'm 20 and in college also (in Texas) and I have had braces since September, and I have got colored ligs (first purple [school color], and now baby blue). People have said that I look younger than 20, but I got that all the time even before braces, so it doesn't really bother me, plus, I figure in about 10 years I would love to hear that, so why let it bother me? I haven't had holiday-colored ligs yet, but I have an appointment on the 13, so I'm thinking about Christmas colored ones (maybe, if I can work up the courage!)
I think that you should try colored, at least once, to see if you like it. After all you can always get clear afterwards.
As for what guys think, some like the braces look. My boyfriend doesn't really care too much one way or the other about my braces (we'd been dating a year before I got them, if that makes any difference.)
Anyways, even if you have clear ligs, if a guy gets close, he's going to see that you have braces, so color won't really matter too much. You may not want to go for holiday colors if you're worried about looking goofy or whatever.
Anyways, whatever you do, make sure it makes you happy, and don't worry too much about what other people think. :)

MrKadash

#21 Post by MrKadash »

36 male here and have scarlet and grey alternating ligs for my beloved Buckeyes. I get razzed by buddies but could care less. Females seem to think they add to my smile....

Georgie06

When to get colour

#22 Post by Georgie06 »

Hi

I am getting my braces on the 13th December. I was wondering do they ask you if you want colour the first fitting or do you have to wait until your 1st adjustment? I live in Ireland and i haven't seen anybody with colour ligs so far?

Also i am a smoker and would like to no what colour would be best for me regarding staining.

bracedgrill

#23 Post by bracedgrill »

I don't see any reason why you can't have color the first time...

...as for smoking, I am a smoker (about a pack a week) and I have had little to no staining on my clear ligs.

Georgie06

#24 Post by Georgie06 »

Thanks bracedgrill for info :D

gunter8888

#25 Post by gunter8888 »

Georgie06 -

I just got my bottom braces last week. Without my asking or prompting the assistant brought over the entire case of ligs and let me select my color. I would not hesitate to ask if you can select your color.

I went with dark blue. My bottoms don't show much so I figure it was a "safe" way to start out. I get my tops in January and I think I am going to alternate light and dark blue for my beloved SPAM (best record in the THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR.!!).
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

bracedgrill

#26 Post by bracedgrill »

Well, I did it! No one has noticed yet but lol I think it looks cute although it makes my teeth look yellower than they really are!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ ... G00075.jpg

Georgie06

#27 Post by Georgie06 »

Hi bracegrill, WoW have to say the photo looks fab they really are lovely I just hope that my ort has colour for me on Wednesday :)

Dovechild20

#28 Post by Dovechild20 »

I've decided that for my 2nd adjustment on the 20th of this month, im gonna get silver and gold ligs to celebrate Christmas! Woo hoo, im stoked, lol.

lunakitty

#29 Post by lunakitty »

I have metallic purple, and I love them! I think they are more fun--like you have more confidence about your smile because you are willing to have fun with them and be okay with your ortho stuff instead of trying to hide it away, which is pretty impossible to begin with anyways. I think guys tend to pick up on stuff like that and will think its kool that you are so ok with yourself--like wearing red lipstick, or something--make em your own. :)

Life is too short to not wear what colour ligs you want. :)

Catmom

#30 Post by Catmom »

I've only had braces for a week, but I went with Christmas colours right away (red & green). My first adjustment is Jan 9th and I'm already planning the next colour combo!!! Maybe blue & white for the Maple Leafs...have to see what mood I'm in!!!!

I love the colours and people HAVE noticed!!! I guess it's because I laugh alot or something, but everyone notices the colours!!!

Sam :tingrin: