Damon 3 vs. Clear Braces??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

consideringbracesDC

Damon 3 vs. Clear Braces??

#1 Post by consideringbracesDC »

I am supposed to get braces on Dec. 18th and am still struggling with the decision of whether to get ceramic (clear but not Invisalign) or Damon 3? Any feedback on pain/discomfort, length of treatment and appearance would be greatly appreciated. I am also trying not to panic and cancel the appt. thanks in advance for help/guidance.

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Why not get clear on the top 6 and damons on the rest? I don't think your pain or discomfort will be too much worse with anything you go with. Length of treatment? It depends on your situation too. I would ask the ortho if he thinks damons will shorten the treatment at all. I have them and like them but it is very obvious that I am wearing braces. The fact that they are small doesn't help - I am still wearing braces.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

consideringbracesDC

#3 Post by consideringbracesDC »

JCDamon3 -- what's your experience with the Damon's been? Painful? Do you think you will get them off in line with the Dr's prediction?

MarvinBrace

#4 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello consideringbracesDC,

I just want to tell you that I'm going to get braces on 18th dec too.
I'm going with all clear brackets, but just for the look of it.
I think there is no difference in the function of either one. Just choose the one you feel comfortable with.

Hope to hear more from you.
Bye..... :wink:

fancycat

#5 Post by fancycat »

As a Damon 3 wearer for the last month I have no complaints. I have the half clear Damons on my upper 6 front teeth and am happy with the way they look, but you need to go with whatever makes you feel comfortable. The first few days in any braces will cause some discomfort, for me personally I could handle it with Advil every few hours and after a couple of days I didn't need to take anything.
You can see my other post on here for progress pics.

Good Luck! :D

JoeMama

#6 Post by JoeMama »

I'm in Damon 3's and they've been great, in terms of performance and comfort. They're the only braces I've ever had so I have nothing to compare them to. I personally would have loved to have all-clear brackets in front, but I didn't get that option. Sometimes seeing all this metal gets to me, even after 9+ months. Just my $.02.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.