Spacers Tommorrow!!!**^^** UPDATED(They're in!! Dec. 5.2006)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Delag

#16 Post by Delag »

I am really happy for your turrrtlelove22! I know you have been waiting a long time to get this started! Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes (don't forget to take pictures either).

turrrtlelove22

#17 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Wow, Cowlypso thanks for the heads up!!! I have all my wisdom teeth so I imagine it will be shoved back pretty far. I just hope the first times a charm!!!

Thanks Delag. I have been waiting, and I'm so excited...hope I can sleep tonite...lol. I will take pictures for sure. I have to go to class like right after, but I'm hoping I will get done in time to come back here and post them before class...I doubt it tho. But at ayny rate they will be there before the day is over... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

EKline309

#18 Post by EKline309 »

turrrtlelove22: I get my spacers in tomorrow too!!! I am pretty excited to get things going. I only have them for a week, then I get my tops put on. We'll have to compare this week how they feel, hopefully not too bad!

Delag

#19 Post by Delag »

Turrtlelove - can I ask a favor? The light pink letters are a bit hard for some of us em.....mature foggies to read:oops: . Could you please use a darker color - I would hate to miss something.

turrrtlelove22

#20 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Sure. Delag. MATURE FOGGIES??!!!haha cute. Just in case you did miss anything you can highlight the words from old psts. It makes them show up better :D :D :D

EKline309 yay good luck to you!!! Yes we will definitley have to compare hehe. i think im am getting tops and bottoms next tuesday. I will know more tommorrow!!! :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

Spacers are in...**^^** Updates & Pic [5.12.2006]

#21 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Yay they are in!!! Everything went smoothly. I got there about 5 minutes 'til and by the time I got done paying and everything they were ready to call me back. I got there before my orthodontist did. I was getting out the car and she was just pulling in. She was kids in school, so I'm thinking she does the drop-off thing or whatever.

I put my stuff down in the examining room and was taken to go get x-rays. She did the one of my entire head and then the profile one. Interesting. Very interesting :lol: Then we did the regular before photos and the profile again.

Then I got the molds done. BLEH!!! The bottom was not too bad, but that stuff was nasty. It did taste like silly putty. The top really wasn't that bad either. I breathed through nose like she said and all was fine. I did end up picking chunks of gunk out of my teeth and it was all over my face. I got to wash up and rinse and spit.

After that she started to put the spacers in (8 of them in all), the first few went in fine. Then some of the others wouldnt go in so I ended up with 5 rubber separtors and 3 metal. They are by far more annoying than the rubber ones, by far...grrr. They are the only ones I really feel. Blasted metal spacers...

When she got them all in, she went to go get my xrays and I waited for my orthodontist to come in. There were like 2 getting adjustments and 2 or 3 getting braces for the 1st time there. They didn't look to happy...haha. The orthodontist finally came in and said my roots and all of the orthodontic jargon was good and in the right place. yay. But she did say that it is possible that extractions are in my future but only if I want them. She said that once the spaces were closed and the retraction got to a certain place then there would be more rays and then together we would decide what was best and which steps to take next. She said that if they get to a certain point and I like things where they are then we could leave it at that. But if not then we would go the route of extractions...bleh. The frenectomy I was counting on but not extractions. I hope things look good so I will not have to.

So after this she checked to make sure the spacers were where they were supposed to be and stuff and said it looked good and that she will see me in a week for the big day!!! There hasn't been any real pain. Like I know they are there especially when I bite down. Three of the rubber ones are a little above the tooth. Will they eventually sink below, I'm wondering? I took an Aleve when I got in the car. I am just now starting to get sore a little bit, even after eating some chikinwings. The crunchy part was a little much to handle although I tried viciously. LOL.

Speaking if crunch...I'm feeling my teeth crunch and shift when I bite down. Kind of achey but not too bad. It tolerable. Anywho, here is a pic. Only of the bottom tho. My flash is broken on my camera and got annoyed.... :roll: Thanks for reading this far...enjoy...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#22 Post by SDFD TSchott »

YEAH CONGRATS AND I'M SURE THINGS WILL BE GOING SMOOTH FOR YOU I LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR STORY!

SDFD TSchott

:-)o :-V :-88 :-** :singing: :jump: :jokerlaugh:

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

turrrtlelove22

#23 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks SDFD TSchott...I'm glad things went smoothly today. I think the atmosphere helped. Everyone says hi and smiles at each other and everyone is extremely nice. I really like it there a lot.

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#24 Post by SDFD TSchott »

That is good to hear, I've posted some pictures of my lig color choice in the "URGENT" section check it out I guess the alternating colors thing wasn't that bad!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Delag

#25 Post by Delag »

Ouch! I missed the joy of spacers....looks um....not very comfortable. (Don´t want to say painful just in case I give you any ideas).

EKline309

#26 Post by EKline309 »

Well I got mine in too today, but I only got 4 total, 2 on each side on top, all rubber. I don't know if it hasn't been long enough, but mine really don't hurt at all!!!

I used to always stick my nail in between my teeth to space them out, and thats what this feels like. We'll see if I'm still this painless tomorrow!

Turrrtlelove: Hope you feel better, and remember we both only have about a week left till braces!!

turrrtlelove22

#27 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Things are fine now. They just ache a little after I getr done eating someting. other than everything is kosher!!! At first it felt like the ones on the right side top and bottom wasnt doing anything, but now I can tell cuz the ache is travelling tooth by tooth and I can feel the pressure.

6 more days!!!

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

EKline309

#28 Post by EKline309 »

Yeah, I was premature in saying they were painless, I woke up this morning and they were aching pretty bad. It seems like the ibuprofen helps a lot though!

turrrtlelove22

#29 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Yea, I hear you, EKline309, I've taken a couple Aleve and then some Advil PM at night. But amzingly enough sometimes I really don't feel them.

I'm just glad I haven't been clenching in my sleep. I'm hoping this week in spacers will help me to stop doing that. Hopefully. :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Georgie06

#30 Post by Georgie06 »

Hi turrrtlelove22

I'm new to this board, I have been looking at it for months now just reading stories and all that. Well i would just like to say thank you for you stories regarding your spacers as i am getting mine in today at 4.00pm :yikes: i am alittle nervous but your story has eased my mind.
hope your ok now with them and best of luck next week with your braces.