A BRACKET ALREADY CAME OFF!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinseltownusa

A BRACKET ALREADY CAME OFF!!!

#1 Post by tinseltownusa »

I have had my braces for less than 24 hours and I have already had a bracket come off...Is this likely because I don't have the wire in yet?

Is this typical? I only had a club cracker...its not very hard...

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

'Tis a common occurrence. I've had a bracket come off without even trying!

ellebee

#3 Post by ellebee »

I had 2 come off in the first 3 hours!

And 1 more when they were doing the adjustment.

At least I was in the right place to get that last one put back on!

Elle
Spacers, Nov. 1; Braced Nov. 8, 2006; Braces off March 26, 2008, just short of 17 months. Glad it's over but the jury is still out on whether the game was worth the candle.

MazingerZ

#4 Post by MazingerZ »

Same thing happened to me when I first got braced. 2 bracket came off within a few hours. Never happened to me afterwards. *knock on wood*

Higgy

#5 Post by Higgy »

I've had three pop off....all three in the ortho's office...so never a big deal...the assistant last time was having a hard time getting one of the doors closed on mine and popped it off accidentally...so I'm guessing that's what it's like when I'll get them off.

ame_malia

#6 Post by ame_malia »

I've never had any of mine come off yet (knock on wood), but my brother was constantly popping his off it seemed like. His ortho was not very pleased with him (and I'm glad I didn't get braces at the same time, or I would have had to go to that grumpy man). If it popped off that quickly though, I would say that its probably not your fault; it probably wasn't on there very well to begin with.

SimInsomniac

#7 Post by SimInsomniac »

I had one break off within an hour of first getting my braces. Just walking home and I feel this snap in my mouth... Not the most encouraging of starts! This happened a few adjustments later, without me knowing about it. My ortho told me it happens a lot at the start of treatment and rarely occurs when teeth are more straightened out.
Rest assured it's not your fault! :wink: