Nutrition for Teeth Movement

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinseltownusa

Nutrition for Teeth Movement

#1 Post by tinseltownusa »

Hi All

Has anyone researched nutrition for teeth movement, e.g., whether an increase in certain vitamins, proteins, etc. help to move teeth faster?

braced kiwi girl

#2 Post by braced kiwi girl »

Hmmmm, good question, I would definently like to know....... anyone???

[/url]

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hmm. I have heard teeth move faster with increased metabolism. I would exercise, if you aren't already. Eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables and take a multivitamin. A beta -carotene (anti-oxidant ) supplement couldn't hurt either.

Oh yeah... you should be doing that anyway. :-)
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

braced kiwi girl

#4 Post by braced kiwi girl »

cool thanks. I already exersize quite a bit but will look at the anti oxidant! cheers!

[/url]

LadyTr0uble

#5 Post by LadyTr0uble »

oooh...more of an incentive to go back to the gym!

I found this interesting article when I tried to look up some information on nutrition that aids teeth movement:
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_librar ... cetoc.html

Tin Indian

#6 Post by Tin Indian »

:D I take Amino Acids in liquid capsule form. A multi Vit/Min tablet as well as a anti-oxidant tablet at each meal.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

LadyTr0uble

#7 Post by LadyTr0uble »

oh, that article does go into eating to aid teeth movement.
it does compare the dental health and the dental arches between "ancient" and the modernized societies... just interesting reading.. still looking for info and will share if i come across anything :D

maple

#8 Post by maple »

Calcium and vitamin D are good for your bones. So milk and cheese should help.
I also heard about the metabolism. So going to the gym makes sense.

24KSmile

#9 Post by 24KSmile »

I agree with increasing your calcium intake. The whole teeth movement process is about bone remodelling so the stronger your bones, the better it should work.

After 8 months in braces, I increased my calcium intake to 1200 mg a day by eating more dairy foods & taking supplements. I can't prove anything but I think that my teeth are stronger and don't loosen up as much as they move. My ortho was orginally concerned about bone loss in my teeth & he is very happy with my progress so far.

Worth a try!!