Post-Extraction Movement

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinseltownusa

Post-Extraction Movement

#1 Post by tinseltownusa »

I am having 4 teeth extracted. How long does it take for the holes to close up/other teeth to move in?
Just want to know how long to expect to have gaping holes in my mouth...

sunluvr

#2 Post by sunluvr »

I was told by my ortho this depends on so many things such as where the extractions are, size of the tooth, what else they are working at correcting, etc. He said in adults it could take up to a year. Mine were closed in 3-4 months, which he said was really fast!

24KSmile

#3 Post by 24KSmile »

I hope it goes fast for you!! I still have 1 gap to close after 19 months in braces & one of my friends still has two. Everyone is different--remember to be patient!

moonchick

#4 Post by moonchick »

It's been seven months and mine have only closed about a third of the way. Hopefully, your's close quickly! :D