Fillings and itchy bottom teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braced4braces

Fillings and itchy bottom teeth

#1 Post by Braced4braces »

Hi, I'm scheduled to put my braces on this week. My otho assured me that my teeth are ok for braces. But I stil have a query regarding my fillings. My molars have quite large fillings and I'm afraid of complications! Does anyone have fillings, is going through braces and are ok?
This morning, I also feel my bottom front teeth are bit itchy? Is it because of my bite putting pressure on them or due to some gum prob?

Sorry, I sound a bit paranoid here now! :oops:

KatK

#2 Post by KatK »

I had very itchy teeth in the spot you mentioned and it turned out I had a mild case of gingivitis. Are you bruthing your bottom teeth gums (I wasn't properly) and are you flossing every night? I know that feeling... it's the worst.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Some of my second molars are heavily filled. They're all bracketed (I managed to forego molar tubes, lucky me) and on the wire, and I've had no trouble with them.

cbushnaq

#4 Post by cbushnaq »

I have very large fillings in all of my molars :oops: and so far I haven't had any problems. I also experience itchy gums from time to time and occasionaly I'll have areas that bleed when I floss :shock: . I was worried that I was getting gingivits so I had them checked. Everything turned out fine and it was put down to tooth movement. But everytime that happens I always increase my hygiene just in case.

C.
Braces 9/6/06
RPE 9/6/06

Higgy

#5 Post by Higgy »

I've had the same concern, sort of...becuase I have 2 teeth that have had root canal treatment, and the crowns won't be placed until after I finish orthodontic treatment...the only time I worry is when they're pulling/pushing hard on them to get the doors to open up or close...then I sweat it for a few, lol...but so far, no problems with them.