How to Prevent Lips from Sticking!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinseltownusa

How to Prevent Lips from Sticking!

#1 Post by tinseltownusa »

I just had brackets put on (self-ligating kind), no wire yet, long story.
Whenever I smile or speak for that matter, my lips get caught on some of the brackets when I close my mouth. Any good tips to alleviate this?

wannabebraceface

#2 Post by wannabebraceface »

have u tried wax? :wink:

maple

#3 Post by maple »

wax, lip balm and time should do the trick

LadyTr0uble

#4 Post by LadyTr0uble »

and vaseline

I am swearing by it right now... two whole days, and it has worked wonders

I love it because it requires less applications, darn braces keep rubbing off my lipbalm!

Amy19

#5 Post by Amy19 »

I love my vaseline as well! couldn't live without it, lasts way longer than chapstick.

Hope every1 is well :lol:

amy x

bunnyfluff

#6 Post by bunnyfluff »

My lips don't get stuck much anymore (after 2 1/2 years, they're veterans to the whole OMGMETAL thing haha) but I have to say, I flirted with the idea of putting Vasoline ON my teeth/brackets. Sort of like the pageant girls do, haha. :oops:

Love me, that's all I ask of you....
[ May 15, 2004 ]

sjsarre

#7 Post by sjsarre »

Keep your mouth moist. Swish water around frequently, it helped me whilst I was adjusting to the brackets!

Amy19

#8 Post by Amy19 »

Braced again,

vaseline comes in a little tub, its not too big but you have to put it on with your finger which can be a little messy, i recomend not licking your finger afterwards as it doesnt taste great :oops: :lol: lol but it does definately last longer than chapstick!

Amy x

Catmom

#9 Post by Catmom »

I use Vaseline most of the time, but also use a really neat eggnog flavoured lip balm from a store in Toronto called "Lush". It's great, especially at this time of year!!! :-88