Braced today with 3M Carity's!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EKline309

Braced today with 3M Carity's!!!

#1 Post by EKline309 »

Well I just got my uppers braced today and I'm still in disbelief. It's gonna take some time to get used to these things! My teeth are pretty sore already, but the braces aren't as bulky as I'd imagined. I also went by and picked up my cordless waterpik, so I can't wait to use that either.

The best thing about it is that I paid extra to get 'clear' braces, as the ortho called them, and to my surprise I looked over and saw they were using 3M clarity's, which is what I had been wanting. I get my bottoms on next month, I was gonna go with metal, but I like these so much I might just get them on bottom too!!!

I wish I could post some pics, but I don't have a digi camera, I'll get some up eventually though.

science teacher

braces

#2 Post by science teacher »

Congrats! both for getting braced and getting what you wanted!

Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

overseasmel

#3 Post by overseasmel »

Welcome to the Braced Club. I'm 3m Clarity's on top as well, but Damon 3MX on the bottom. I love the combination, but I'm sure you'll decide on whatever is best for your needs/likes etc.

Good luck on your journey. I'll race you for it.... ;)

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

BARRY MILLER

3 M CLARITY BRACKETS

#4 Post by BARRY MILLER »

I am a 35 yrs old guy and have 3 M Clarity brackets top and botom. I think they are the greatest thing going. Many of my close friends didn't even know I had braces until I told them. I have had them for almost a year and soon to be bracefree within a few months.

BARRY MILLER

3 M CLARITY BRACKETS

#5 Post by BARRY MILLER »

I am a 35 yrs old guy and have 3 M Clarity brackets top and botom. I think they are the greatest thing going. Many of my close friends didn't even know I had braces until I told them. I have had them for almost a year and soon to be bracefree within a few months.

jennielondon

#6 Post by jennielondon »

I'm so jealous you get Clarity all over!! This will be my second time around with braces (as of January 16) and I just get Clarity on the top and good ol' metal on the bottom. (My ortho said with my crossbite and class III jaw, the ceramics won't be as effective as quickly). I guess the good thing is I work in radio so no one will know!!

Raspberry

#7 Post by Raspberry »

Hi and congrats on getting braced!
I have 3m clarity brackets on the top, and the more my teeth get straight the more people have been asking me if I still have my braces! I guess at a quick glance it looks like I don't have them anymore.

Congrats again!