Shaving/Shaping Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

deltawire

#16 Post by deltawire »

Thanks for everyone's support! I had my teeth shaped today and it went well and I had no pain. The ortho used a tool that looks similar to a drill to shape my front four teeth. The ortho said that more will be shaped towards the end of my treatment.

Thanks again!

new boy james

#17 Post by new boy james »

i've had it done for the past 2 visits and i'm glad because the results are good. It doesn't hurt, at least no more than any of the other poking and wiggling that the ortho does!! It's fine so try not to worry.
"You get nothing but nothing if that's what you do" - Guns'n'Roses

Aine

#18 Post by Aine »

I had my teeth "shaved" for the first time in August and then again in October. The reason for the shaving was to get rid of the little "black triangles" between my top front 6 teeth. Ortho use the little slither of sandpaper and then the little circular drill and it did not hurt at all. My teeth and bite are all aligned now and the only thing left is to close up the little gaps where he shaved. So...the good news is that I now have to go to the Ortho every week to get a new powerchain to close them up!! Looks like I will be getting an early release by about 2 or 3 months!! Yeah!