Ok how many people have stopped eatting sugar?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jessikah

#16 Post by jessikah »

i have stopped eating a lot of junk food that i used to eat......
i've lost 10kgs since getting my braces put on.....thats a lot. i have been going to the gym though as well....

i still cant resist chocolate... :D i'm a chocoholic.

whenever i eat foods that i know are bad for my teeth, i brush straight away or ASAP!!

ssfw

#17 Post by ssfw »

Yes, I do still eat sweets but I have not eaten anything sticky or chewy since I began orthodontic treatment :D .

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

katmc_tx

#18 Post by katmc_tx »

I have cut back on my sugar intake. My fav sugar came from things like Starburst, Skittles, Sweetarts, taffy and the like. So since those things stick to everything I've given all that up. But still eating cake, cookies, pies, and most baked goods.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Raspberry

#19 Post by Raspberry »

Delag wrote:....fake toffee. Grease a cookie sheet and lay down salty crackers - the white square kind. Melt two sticks of butter and one cup of brown sugar till it boils. Pour this over the crackers and bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 to 7 min (keep a really close eye on it because it is important it doesnt burn). Top with one bag of chocolate chips and spread it like frosting. You can add chopped nuts to the top. This is not very braces friendly, but like most things where there is a will there is a way. No, I can't give up my sugar.
Ohhh my friend used to make this for me, but she used Bretton Crackers... mmmm Bretton Brittle.....

Delag

#20 Post by Delag »

I don't know what Bretton Crackers are but I am sure I can't get them here :(

loulou123

#21 Post by loulou123 »

I didnt eat any sugar for the 1st 2/3 months, even cut it out of my tea, then i had the odd can of diet cola but that was it. A few months in however and i admit i prob have chocolate most days.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

Tasha0313

#22 Post by Tasha0313 »

I guess I haven't been the perfect ortho patient. Well let me stop lying, lol, I've actually been a bad patient. The first month or so that I had my braces on I was very careful about what I ate. But as time went on, I had to return to my normal diet...I was missing out on Snickers, my ALL TIME FAVORITE!!! I NEEDED Snickers....kinda like a alcoholic needs their alcohol lol.

Then my wonderful job sent me to Ohio for 2 weeks and we ate at the Cheesecake Factory several times while I was there. Who can resist cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory?? Surely not me! So no I haven't given up on sugar.

I've also been very fotunate, never broken a bracket!! I did eat some um, gummy peaches and I had a small pieces of my filing come out which sucked. It happened on a weekend, so I had to get some temp filing until I get to into the dentist on Monday.

science teacher

sugar

#23 Post by science teacher »

It's not sugar that I've cut out, it's fried foods.
With the expansion messing up by bite I've found it is just not worth the effort to chew things like french fries and other crunchy foods.

It should be good for my heart.
Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

Raspberry

#24 Post by Raspberry »

Delag wrote:I don't know what Bretton Crackers are but I am sure I can't get them here :(
Breton (I spelled it wrong the first time) Crackers... we get them here in canada, i don't know where else. They are made by Dare.

Raspberry

#25 Post by Raspberry »

Delag wrote:I don't know what Bretton Crackers are but I am sure I can't get them here :(
Breton (I spelled it wrong the first time) Crackers... we get them here in canada, i don't know where else. They are made by Dare.

**end thread hi-jacking**lol

Delag

#26 Post by Delag »

Hmmmmmm....perhaps I will have to go scout out the gormet shops. I´ll print the picture to take with me :lol:

lionfish

#27 Post by lionfish »

Raspberry wrote:

**end thread hi-jacking**lol
We get these in Aussie. They're a savoury biscuit here and once you've had one, you tend to want more (I suspect they have a high salt content!).

I never did a lot of sugar, but I do like my chocolate. And the fact that I can now chew it gives me enormous satisfaction.

michh

#28 Post by michh »

Delag- I also chop up smarties to sprinkle over the chocolate layer, makes the treat pretty too. We call them skor bars. I can't chew anything that crunchy just yet, but looking forward to the tasties soon. Fortunately Lindor chocolates are all soft and smooth. mmmmm.

lionfish

#29 Post by lionfish »

Ah, those lovely Lindt balls - very nice. Another good choc option if you're into soft choccies are the Cote d'Or "elephants". Lovely praline centres, very nice. You can tell which is my favourite aisle in the supermarket. :roll:

hippyhippo

Re: Ok how many people have stopped eatting sugar?

#30 Post by hippyhippo »

I must admit I eat it all the time.
I brush but I'm eatting it.
I eat sugary foods all the time. I avoid pop and sugary drinks though, but I did that before braces as well.